Night of the Locust #4 review (1 Viewer)

Grenouille

Website
www.myspace.com
from Maximumrocknroll - Nov. 08 - #306

Night of the Locust #4 /1 euro/$1 //5.5 X 8.5 - copied - 36 pgs

Night of the Locust is an interesting little zine out of Ireland that is sort of half music fanzine and half fiction, which is kind of a cool mix if you ask me. Two decent interviews with Galway area bands Class Destruction and the Frigits, as well as a few show and record reviews, reveal a more local focus for the music that's covered. But that's only the half of it. There is also a good piece of fiction included - a sort of creepy story about a girl who accompanies a Norman Bates-like character to meet his parents. I usually don't even bother with most fiction stuff I come across, but this one kept me going 'til the end. I also like the short articles on how to beat the car boot, the enviormental "Battle of the Yellow Bulldozer of Tara", and the brief rant about why the medical industry would rather not cure diseases (because then who will pay millions of dollars for research and development?). The variety of content makes Night of the Locust an enjoyable read the whole way through, and broadens the appeal to those living outside the west coast of Ireland. And it's only a buck so why not give it a shot? (Bob Goldie) // Kollin Finnerty, 184 Glen Dara, Bishop O' Donnell Road, Galway, Ireland. [email protected]

Of course Frigits are from Dublin but you get the idea....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back