[Jun 20, 2014] Sounds in Space: the unique musical visions of... (Dundalk, Louth, Ireland.) (1 Viewer)

LCMS

Website
www.louthcms.org

03-06-580x414.jpg

Louth Contemporary Music Society presents

Sounds in Space: the unique musical visions of composers Alvin Lucier and Eliane Radigue
With Alvin Lucier, Manuel Zurria, Francesco Dillon, Carol Robinson, Kairos Quartet performing works by Alvin Lucier, John Cage and a world premiere by Eliane Radigue

"As a half-Irish American (great grandmother Reilly, grandmother Sullivan), I am honored to be able to present my music in the country of my forebears."
Alvin Lucier

Louth Contemporary Music Society celebrate the unique musical visions of the pioneering composers Alvin Lucier and Eliane Radigue in the Sounds in Space concert which will take place on Friday 20 June 2014 in Dundalk Gaol.

Alvin Lucier is a composer of experimental music and sound installations that explore acoustic phenomena and auditory perception. Lucier has pioneered in many areas of music composition and performance, including the notation of performers' physical gestures, the use of brain waves in live performance, the generation of visual imagery by sound in vibrating media, and the evocation of room acoustics for musical purposes. His recent works include a series of sound installations and works for solo instruments, chamber ensembles, and orchestra in which, by means of close tunings with pure tones, sound waves are caused to spin through space.

Sounds in Space is funded by the Arts Council and financially supported by Create Louth and the Goethe Institute Ireland.

Tickets: €10 available from www.centralticketbureau.com
Tel: 0818 205 205

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back