Next week is amazing for gigs... (1 Viewer)

Oh is Yann Tiersen playing? I should go.

Last time I saw him he was acting the bollocks pretending to be playing rock music. What's his current tour like?

Strands album launch on the 22nd with support from Legion of Two will be pretty amazo too. Oh and Maps & Atlases w/ Adebisi Shank in Whelans on 23rd.

check out:

Pete Molinari & Lisa O'Neill - Oct 19
Future Islands & Patrick Kelleher - Oct 20
Maps & Atlases & Adebisi Shank - Oct 23

My week consists of Yeasayer on Monday, Future Islands on Wednesday and Maps and Atlases on Saturday. Awesome! Didn't even realise Yann Tiersan was playing but he was shit in Vicar Street with his dodgy rock music.

yea, hey lets slag the bands that each other are going to see.

Yeasayer were shit in Whelans that time they played. I haven't been able to listen to All Hour Cymbals since (up to that point it was my favourite album of that year). On the plus side though, Crayonsmith supported and were deadly.

Did I mention I quite enjoyed Yann Tiersen's dodgy rock music?

Wasn't in Vicar Street though....

No toy pianos, music boxes or xylophones? I would have reacted like this...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Did I mention I quite enjoyed Yann Tiersen's dodgy rock music?

Wasn't in Vicar Street though....

I was never into All Hour Cymbals but their new album is deadly. I wandered into the end of their set at Oxegen and they were rockin.

This thread rapidly became a list of bands that make me go "meh.". Hey Worthit, I thought you were into deep detroit techno. Was that someone else with a similar name? And as for irish "post rock"? Infinite meh.

Carry on.

Here, speaking of gigs, are bodytonic doing a load of interesting nights on some theme soon? I saw they had Moodyman and Magda playing. Or did I dream that?

are they..... 'detroit techno' ?

I've never said nor typed that before and I don't know if I want to ever do it again.

if it's boring repetitive beat music that sends you into an infinite sleep you're probably thinking of a thread Wobbler rather than Worthit started though.

I don't even know what Deep Detroit Techno is. I tend to avoid any dance music with 'deep' in it's genre name. O.N.E. by Yeasayer and Tin Man by Future Islands are probably my most played songs at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back