Thur 4 May

Live:

The Worthwhile Experience
Herv
Project 77
Computers That Breed

Doors 8pm, first band 8.45pm sharp
adm €5 before 9/€6 after

A benefit for Revolt Video, who will also provide visuals on the night.

You should know:

All three members of Woodrow now play in The Worthwhile Experience. Despite being stuck behind a laptop, when playing live Herv gives it more socks than 99% of the bands in Dublin. Project 77 are male/female dual mc-led in your face northside hip hop. Computers That Breed are another ex-Woodrow project, taking their cues from the likes of Drive Like Jehu and Fugazi.

be our friend http://www.myspace.com/porcodiodublin

About us: Porco Dio is a fortnightly gig in the Lower Deck pub in Portobello, Dublin, featuring a mix of local, national and international bands/individuals from the underground music scene. We not only aim to transcend the usual genre boundries between punk and hardcore/hip-hop and electro/rock and indie, but also believe that there is more to gigs than just music and as such hope to incorporate visuals, art, political stalls/benefits and any number of other concepts into the usual well-worn formula of an underground music gig.

May 18 Seomra Sproai benefit
Jun 1 An Albatross (USA / GSL, Ace Fu Records) + more
Jun 15 Racebannon (USA / Level Plane), Battleship (USA) + more
Jun 29 Emcee Lynx (USA), Disfunctional, DJ Krossphader + more
July 13 Amanda Woodward (France), Aussitot Mort (France), Tunguska
July 27 Black Tax (UK), Heroic Doses (UK) + more

newpork2.jpg

We would ask people attending to consider the future of the venue and have respect for the pub and organisers by not leaving empty cans in the toilet or hidden behind the toilets or in the venue . It would be great if people realised there is a canel beside the venue , dont drink straight in front of the venue !!! Or else the sad repetition of dublins punk / diy gig scene is invetitable , we lose another venue and have to attend shit gigs in over priced bars with ignorant bouncers giving us hassle . Thanks

JANER said:
Well judging by the line up surely it's the hip hop crowd who are the bad apples.

What the fuck are you on about?

It certainly wasn't the hiphop crowd leaving cans in the jacks or passing out on the stairs or hanging around outside for the last few gigs. The lower deck is on thin ice.

last week i was in amsterdam, great party, a few hiphop guys join the place. 5 minutes after that the shit hits the fan. Fights, police. great party.. gone in seconds. thanks to hiphop

Id say shoot them all... especially those kiddie hiphoppers like W. that drop cans everywhere!

W. said:
What the fuck are you on about?

It certainly wasn't the hiphop crowd leaving cans in the jacks or passing out on the stairs or hanging around outside for the last few gigs. The lower deck is on thin ice.

Well, the time I was there I seen people in big baggy jeans and gold chains drinkin' cans of Dutch Gold.

Dont think it matters who it was drinking etc (this thread is starting to sound like secondary school when you get nicked on the hop and say i didnt do it , it was the hip hop kids who told me too ) take responsibility for your own actions and realise its your scene and help it grow by not letting "whoever" have there can and jepordaise a good venue . Point is we learn from the fact that drinking outside etc cant be tolerated and respect this fact ..

JANER said:
It was all Politakill and his hip hop homies, plz do not deny this.

I don't associate myself with tea towel on the head types and i'm fucking loaded so the only thing I do is a bit of gear in the safety of the toilets when a gig is on.

ok this is starting to confuse the hell out of me... Mr Benefit sir, is this you posting in two guises? Organised Ideas and Porco?
And someone was posting as anarchist youth... Is that the whole lot of them standing around a 'puter reaching consensus on each word? :confused:
How're we supposed to know who we're talking to...?

Porco Dio is people from gz and organised ideas. there's five people involved and they all have access to the thumped account.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back