New York Dolls supporting White Stripes in Marlay Park.... (1 Viewer)

ElderLemon

Website
Visit site
Now there's a turn-up for the books... anyone know how many of the (remaining) Dolls are involved? If they have their act together, they'll blow the Stripes off the stage.... (not being competitive or anything....)

It must be at least 3 of them. I heard that Chrissie Hynde and then Andy McCoy(Hanoi Rocks) were supposed to playing johnny Thunders role but then heard it was neither. They played london recently so it may not be too hard to find out the case. I like the White Stripes nut they are sure tio suck polaying somewhere that big and I'm not convinced about seeing the dolls there either. If it was somewhere smaller I'd go in a second.

they`ll blow the Stripes off the stage??!

Hardly - old men coming back for the cash-in.
Bunch of tits...
I`d rather watch Mrs White stripe bang away at the drums for 45minutes myself.

Funny that some of the best gigs I've been to in the past couple of years have been old guys back together. Stooges,Radio Birdman,and Mission of Burma, All insanely good. I've seen good new bands too but those three.......

I saw Finley Quaye - which was sort of a come back i guess...till he walked off stage half way!Better off too i guess.

How much is it to see the Dolls then??
If they were going to do it, why could`nt they fuckin do it playing smaller venues - Marlay fucking park with the White Stripes...:(

I'm sure it'll be too much considering no Johnny Thunders. I'm sure it would be worth going to if it was in Vicar street or something. But I really cant see me going to that. Just too big. I'm pretty pissed off about it cos I love the New York Dolls.

NEW YORK DOLLS 2004
David Johansen, Sylvain Sylvain and Arthur 'Killer' Kane

JOHNNY THUNDERS and JERRY NOLAN = R.I.P. 1991
also dead BILLY MURCIA (original drummer)

Apparently they took a while to warm up but got quite good after that.thats from someone on another board and she likes them anyway. Good from a historical point of view.

I'm fairly certain it's pissed down for every half decent gig in Marlay Park. and I hear it's a shit venue too. But who knows it could be brilliant ala the pixies.

NEW YORK DOLLS 2004
David Johansen, Sylvain Sylvain and Arthur 'Killer' Kane

Well that's good news - it's not just a one-man cash-in....

Hardly - old men coming back for the cash-in.

I saw David Johansen in Whelans (I think) bout 3 years with the Harry Smiths. Different(-ish) material to the Dolls, but I was well impressed. The guy's heart was still in the music.

I think some bloke from that libertines band is taking one of the spaces, at least he did in england.

the three above mentioned original members are to be joined on stage by guns n roses guitarist Izzy Stradlin and Libertines drummer Gary Powell. according to Hot Press anyway

NEW YORK (Billboard) -- New York Dolls bassist Arthur Kane died Tuesday night in Los Angeles due to complications from leukemia, the pioneering '70s glam rock group's manager told Billboard.com. Kane was 55.
The reunited Dolls were fresh off a well-received appearance at Morrissey's Meltdown Festival in London last month and had also opened some of Morrissey's concerts in May in New York.

It is unclear if the David Johansen-led group will still perform next month at Little Steven's International Underground Garage Festival in New York.

The Dolls are scheduled to release an album for Morrissey's Attack imprint in September, but no details have been revealed. Johansen is understood to be in Paris and is preparing a statement on the group's future.

Kane is the fourth member of the Dolls to pass away, including guitarist Johnny Thunders, who died of a drug overdose in 1991.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/15/music.dolls.reut/
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/07/15/music.dolls.reut/
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr/people/obit_brief_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000579270

GARYXKNIFEDX said:
Funny that some of the best gigs I've been to in the past couple of years have been old guys back together. Stooges,Radio Birdman,and Mission of Burma, All insanely good. I've seen good new bands too but those three.......
Yeah, and Striknien get better with every "last gig ever".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back