New PIG DESTRYER album - Phantom Limb (leaked) (1 Viewer)

i downloaded it to have a listen.

Listening to it now.

I dunno... Seems to be a step backwards in terms of songwriting and production if you ask me. It seems a lot less punky than the other stuff which is a bad thing in my opinion... and maybe it's me but overall they sound a lot less tight than on the other records. The guitar playing isn't as "spot on".

Not really into the long songs thing either. Some of the songs seem really meandering.

Maybe it'll get better if i listen to it more.

It's definitely a lot less intense than Terrifyer anyways.
I am totally gobsmacked by this reply........you play prob in the least "Punky" punk band I've ever heard and yet u pass judgements on other works with your least "Punky" comment.....

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused: :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

:confused:

!ironyyy

:rolleyes:

!bog

I am totally gobsmacked by this reply........you play prob in the least "Punky" punk band I've ever heard and yet u pass judgements on other works with your least "Punky" comment.....
People can listen to music that doesn't sound like the band they're in, funnily enough.

I've been listening to punk and hardcore for about ten years. Just because my band doesn't sound punk doesn't mean I can't like or criticise it.

The punky edge was something I liked about Pig Destroyer's music. That seems to be less prominent on their new record. So I think that's a bad thing. Because I like punk/hardcore.

Not really sure how this is confusing.

Oh and by the way, I'm sure there are a lot less punky sounding bands than Hooray For Humans. And we're still a DIY band. But whatever.

Good constructive replies Alan, obviously I still don't get it but wasn't the predictable reply I assumed you would make.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back