New Music You're Listening To (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Dead Man's Bones album leaked today and I am thoroughly enjoying it.

e33dac3ad5c61f79c033dbd7643e220f.jpg

why so awesome ryan gosling, why?

Really loving the last song on that Sun Araw's album Heavy Deeds, 'All Night Long.' Eleven minutes of dubby blissbox-fullness.

Also Gary War's Horribles Parade - sounds like a goalpost shifter sonically to me - but maybe I'm quite ignorant on these matters.

That Arrington de Dionyso track on the last Wire tapper - the guitar tone is fuckin' evil.

Behemoth - Evangelion
The Black - Alongside Death
Yum.

Have the Behemoth one - it's tough going.

What's the The Black one like?

CLT: Black Crowes - Before the Frost, Marduk - Wormwood, Immortal - All Shall Fail, Gorgoroth new one.

51548.jpg

Ancient Methods - Fourth Method. Seeeeeriously amazing noisy techno from Berlin. Someone linked to a mix they did here a while back which is superb as well.

Best new album I've heard in a while is Scotland Yard Gospel Choir, it's their third album, but feels like a debut, as they've been little known before now.

What is it with everyone having "choir" in their band name these days?

First it was "black" (the Black Alps, Black Dice, Black Kids, Black Keys) and then it was "wolf" (Wolfmother, AIDS Wolf, Wolf Eyes, Peanut Butter Wolf, Wolf Parade)

Now it's choir, is there some sort new bands congress every year where they decide they all gonna use the same word in their band name?

I am gonna name my band the Black Wolf Choir

david daniell & douglas mccombs - sycamore (thrill jockey)

1/3 san agustin + 1/5 tortoise. studio edits of improvs, reminds me of the licht/mazzacane hoffman estates lp from a few years back.

104004.jpg

What is it with everyone having "choir" in their band name these days?

First it was "black" (the Black Alps, Black Dice, Black Kids, Black Keys) and then it was "wolf" (Wolfmother, AIDS Wolf, Wolf Eyes, Peanut Butter Wolf, Wolf Parade)

Now it's choir, is there some sort new bands congress every year where they decide they all gonna use the same word in their band name?

I am gonna name my band the Black Wolf Choir

Aids Choir has a certain ring to it

looks like D. Smolken has his finger on the pulse so with 2 of his bands being called Wolfmangler and Dead Raven Choir[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+0]
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

The XX. On the plus side: some nice guitar bursts; sparse, minimalist production, interestion version of Teardrops. On the negative side: hardly any melodies; naff boy answers girl vocals along the lines of Los Campesinos; mostly forgettable lyrics, which wouldn't be an issue if they weren't so high up in the mix. So apart from the interesting production, it's a load of sh*te. Imho.

I bought that throw me the statue album the other day. Cant wait to listen to it. The last album was brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back