New music show on RTE 2 - Tues 12th May (1 Viewer)

Saw this for the first time last night. It seems a bit pointless. Does anyone in ireland really believe that the problem with irish music is that is isn't being made quickly enough? What's the show trying to prove?

They should get rid of the Vanilla ice presenter and just replace him with a voiceover; he's overdressed and his mystic meg hand signals to the camera every time a scene ends are just plain dumb.

I would wager that the presenter owns the format off 'the raw sessions' at the start of the show there is all that crap about his band 'inventing the raw sessions'... um... dude you just invented 'jamming', that's been around for years only no one has been enough of a dick to trademark it and try and squeeze a few quid out of it...

I would guess he is franchising it too RTE, whatever mobile phone company are sponsering it (I forget who it is) are probably helping to foot the bill, I doubt the guy gives a crap if you've heard of his band or not, as he's making wwwaaayyy more money selling this shitty format too TV stations

I guess that's what bugged me most about it, a show that wants to the give impression of helping local bands, while fleecing the TV company AND unfairly retaining the rights to the songs the band produce... all of this is money and talent leaving the country and helps no one but the franchise owners

It's a sad lack of imagination in RTE that they would just throw money at this jerk, rather then take the time to try and construct a music show that might actually be any use to music folk and the country in general

also the text voting is a big $$$ make for someone too, the idea of 'battle of the bands' is depressing at best, but when it's there purely to generate profit for the phone company sponsoer... ugh!

Surely something like No Disco or Michelle Dohertys thing on 6 is some of the cheapiest telly to make? One camera, one presenter, etc, etc... even the Jools Holland format, if you have the studio space must be reasonably cost effective?

Raw Sessions is X Factor with a Fred Durst baseball cap on it

Hands up who here would participate in this show.

I'll start,Me....No.
Unless I was gonna cheat and do a song I'd already written.

I'd be very surprised if theres one decent tune comes out of the entire series.

Ps. A jam is'nt a song.

This is a song
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

StrawberryJam.gif

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

12 hours.Piss off.Write a song in 5 minutes or 2 months.
Seriously,you can't write a song like that,unless your Bob fucking Dylan or something.

If this show was full of hits it would be delly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back