New music show on RTE 2 - Tues 12th May (3 Viewers)

what the hell are you talking about? that is not true at all

anyway, at the end of the day, watching this show is like an addiction, you get one hit and you just keep coming back for more and more.

hahaha. i was just about to use that addiction quote in my post but then deleted it for some reason in case i had got it wrong...

and yeh dutchy, the presenter's spiel reminds me of something from the Fast Show.

still enjoyable telly i think. don't really like either of those bands but its stil interesting to see lads and lasses working in the studio etc. more interesting that most shite rte have on.

I watched this last night.Wasn't the worst has to be said.
The presenters a nob.They shoulda got Tim Westwood to do it:rolleyes:.
Didn't like the music particularly but I happen to know one of the bands so I voted for 'em and I hope they make a few quid out of it.
Has to be said though,how hard can it be to throw together a "song" with no verse, chorus or in fact a discernible tune/melody or what have you in 12 hours?
Can't be that fucking hard.!baggyyyy

I'd say both of them bands could have done it in half the time if they wanted.

surely this is one of the reason's the shows concept sucks monkey balls?

Well you have a point there but I'm thinking more about the added exposure they'll get out of it.Sure they'll be able to charge more gigs for one thing..."As seen on RTE" etc.

P.s.That RTE online player is giftyballs altogether.About time the cunts got something right.

leahy.jpg

IMHO Ireland needs WAY more battle of the band type formats. There are a few reasons.

1) RTE can realy connect with the friends and familys of a few select bands.
2) Battles usually throw up winners and we love winners
3) People need more things to vote for, especially as we have lost trust in the politicians. A vote for a band is a vote for the irish people.
4) Not enough bands on the scene and hopefully this will encourage young lads to pick up an instrument and play it within a group structure, with the best looking lad/lass as the singer.
5) Fabulous route to market for large corporate sponsors Eg Coke, Ben & Jerrys, Dunnes Stores.

Ah, cheers man, but we (Republic of Loose) are non-participating guests. It'll be fun to see how we get on though.

“The Trouble Makers” featuring members of Horslips, Republic of Loose, The Blizzards, Brian Hogan (Kíla & Preacher’s Son), Richie Buckley, Kevin Godley (10CC & Godley & Crème), Emmaline Duffy-Fallon (Engine Alley, Preacher’s Son), Tony Oscar and Danny Healy released a newly recorded version of the well known Horslips song ‘Trouble With A Capital T’, as part of The Raw Sessions with Sony Ericsson.
Produced by Lance Hogan http://www.jadeproductions.ie/bio.asp and organized by Suzanne Doyle www.suzannedoyle.com The Raw Sessions recording of “Trouble With A Capital T” was performed exclusively on The Late Late Show 22nd May, and is now available to download from www.therawsessions.ie The track is being released to support the Irish Youth Foundation http://www.iyf.ie/index_frame.html
You can watch the recording of the song, which happened in 12 hours at Windmill Lane Recording, on RTÉ Two on Tuesday, June 9th at 11.50pm .

Were Republic of Loose on this show? Haven't seen it. Might have to have a looksee if they were.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back