New music show on RTE 2 - Tues 12th May (1 Viewer)

this is hilarious. ONCE, last year some time, i said i wasnt into SJ on that Mainline thread (hardly a two-year crusade, but some people have wild imaginations).
i'll go back to my job of taking photos of small animals and writing poetry now.
Linda
xxxx

BEST NAME CHANGE EVA!

Now, Linda, if you could train those small animals to write their own poetry with the small pens in the big field and photograph that...all within 12 hours - you could make a TV show out of that... and we could, maybe, text for our favourite animal to win?

That would be something you might undertake ...distract you from your two year crusade?

;)

just watched the 2 episodes, seems quite harmless. any show on irish bands is better than no show, and i do like the touch of having irish music scattered throughout the show.

this show is good fun - girls with bad hair dye eating crisps, what
more do you want? i found sweet jane to be obnoxious in a charming
way, but these dirty epics people...ugh...wicklow

I quite liked it, some Irish bands (some of which have worked really hard, are good and deserve the attention) get to record a song for free and get publicity as a result and get to be on the telly (my ma would think I had made it if it was me). What's wrong with that. RTE have to fulfill their "home-made" quota and I'm glad their making a show about Irish music.

Well done to RSAG for winning, although I thought the Sweet Jane song wasn't half bad.

I hope Sick Boy win this round, I've played a few gigs with them and they're very decent and were one of the bands that really earned their place at SXSW this year. If you've met them you'll know what I mean when I say their just really really into music and making music.

Anyway that's just my opinion. I watch telly to be entertained for the most part, and I thought this show was entertaining.

I quite liked it, some Irish bands (some of which have worked really hard, are good and deserve the attention) get to record a song for free and get publicity as a result and get to be on the telly (my ma would think I had made it if it was me). What's wrong with that. RTE have to fulfill their "home-made" quota and I'm glad their making a show about Irish music.

Well done to RSAG for winning, although I thought the Sweet Jane song wasn't half bad.

I hope Sick Boy win this round, I've played a few gigs with them and they're very decent and were one of the bands that really earned their place at SXSW this year. If you've met them you'll know what I mean when I say their just really really into music and making music.

Anyway that's just my opinion. I watch telly to be entertained for the most part, and I thought this show was entertaining.

i gather there were suspicious queries regarding rte's rights to the songs on it

this is hilarious. ONCE, last year some time, i said i wasnt into SJ on that Mainline thread (hardly a two-year crusade, but some people have wild imaginations).
i'll go back to my job of taking photos of small animals and writing poetry now.
Linda
xxxx

Christ lorraine. it could only be a case of mistaken identity for that i am forever in your depth.

Good show, glad RTE are doing something for Irish Music. I want Hoarsebox to win. They're deadly, and sound lads

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back