New Music: Courtney Barnett (1 Viewer)

How have people found the new album?

I'm only getting to it now because I usually hate Kurt Vile so much.

Based on one song so far he's just doing a Steve Malkmus impression on this album, which is fine by me.

Based on one song so far he's just doing a Steve Malkmus impression on this album, which is fine by me.
They cover one of each others songs and also a Belly song 'Untogether'. Real nice version of that. Jim White and Mick Harvey make welcome appearances. It's way better than Kurt's last album which just had the one banger and not much else. I'm ashamed to say I didn't actually know too much of her stuff but getting into her now.

They cover one of each others songs and also a Belly song 'Untogether'. Real nice version of that. Jim White and Mick Harvey make welcome appearances. It's way better than Kurt's last album which just had the one banger and not much else. I'm ashamed to say I didn't actually know too much of her stuff but getting into her now.
Sounds good on first listen. I actually like the Belly cover a lot, which I really wasn't expecting to!

It's about 2/3s good, which is good by the standards of most other albums. The other 1/3 is tripe though and kind of spoils the good bits. I'd recommend a quick pass-by, make a playlist of the good stuff, and forget the other stuff even exists.

A solid 5/10 from me. Thats 5/5 for the Courtney bits and 0/5 for the Kurtney bits.

I'm really enjoying it; it's got a lovely easy going charm. I like both of them anyway, although the last Kurt lp i got was the Waking on a Sunny Daze one. I really like Courtney B's stuff anyway. I didn't know Untogether was a Belly song (but then I know nothing by Belly I don't think) that's one of the best tunes on the album for me.

May I recommend you listen to the two Belly albums so, they're better than anything by these two (Courtney is great tho)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back