New Interpol single (1 Viewer)

its a pretty ropey first single...they could be going for the more polished poppy sound, major label debut and all that. If its not in minor I dont want to know about it!

they're first album was a cracker

Yeah i dunno about that one - its a bit safe or something.... like nothing too new there. but then i did think the same about Slow Hands when it first came out but then it totally grew on me after i bought the album and gave it a few listens. With Interpol their non single tracks are always by far the better - altho Evil and Obstacle 1 are legend.

I don't like it.

However, 'Turn on the Bright Lights' is a very good album in my opinion.

Didn't like 'Antics' as much and fear the new album will travel in the same direction.

If it doesn't have a bit that goes 'OOOOH STEELLAAA' i'm not listening.

Not really anything new.
Shrug. Heard it before.

It's more of that sort of music that sounds like all the band have really good haircuts. With partings.

It's more of that sort of music that sounds like all the band have really good haircuts. With partings.

interpol_hattem_1.jpg

Oh i likes the new single..more weird seemingly random lyrics from monsieur Banks.
Wasn't sure what i thought of it at first few listens but..now :heart:.|..|:heart:

Does anyone else think the Nationals single thats' out now sounds very like 'good' Interpol?

yeah i really like the single from The National - and I'm pretty sure thats because it sounds like good Interpol!

this better be good, this album. they got old quickly, them interpol boys. saw them in the olympia wheneveritwas. poor gig.

this better be good, this album. they got old quickly, them interpol boys. saw them in the olympia wheneveritwas. poor gig.

I thought that was a great gig and I managed to catch them at Oxegen later on that year and they were even better, it was a rocking set ruined only by the great unwashed singing fucking 'ole, ole' at any break in sound longer then 5 seconds.......

Antics felt like a slightly watered down version of their first album and the new songs that have appeared so far feel like a slightly watered down version of Antics.. I think they're on the slide, disappointingly.. Carlos D's new facial hair is pretty great though.

Does anyone else think the Nationals single thats' out now sounds very like 'good' Interpol?

I think it's mainly due to Paul Banks and Matt Berninger both using a similar baritone delivery. I prefer listening to Matt though, he's got a better voice and I think his phrasing is brilliant. A bit similar in the drumming too perhaps but the thing that means I don't think it sounds like Interpol that that there's no really prominant bassline which I really see as the Interpol hallmark.

Just read an Interpol/National connection there...Peter Katis that produced Interpol also produced the National's EP...Called Cheery Blossom or something??

Cherry Tree. Much of it is quite low key and not overly similar to Interpol, not nearly as claustrophobic in my opinion.

Hasn't Katis done pretty much all of The National's stuff? He hasn't done the new Interpol one, which I think is telling. I'm not so sure who sounds like who to be honest. They've both been around long enough; maybe Interpol robbed the National's sound. Aha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back