New Interpol single (1 Viewer)

I thought I heard it the other day and I was talking about how shit it was but it turns out I had heard The Editors new song about smoking outside hospitals......... Just saying like.

...or that Director song about wanting to be loved but wanting to be left alone.

I haven't heard it.

its totally ripping off that editors song about when the power goes out and its dark.

It's all one big circle of rip that starts with Joy Division. I've listened to the single twice now and am a little disappointed. It seems to be lacking some of the darkness of previous interpol - very poppy or something. Down with pop.

does it have lyrics about ponys?

their song about ponys is amazing, everything after that... meh-heh

post pony pop

[edit] I bagsy post pony pop as my own genre, everyone else can fuck off

That's their best song ever 'Leif Erikson'. The line about love being a pony was my signature long before you tried to bagsy post pony pop as a genre. Pff.

actually their best song is the first one of the first album, with the long delay intro and the drum and bass coming in like a mudderfugger... anyhow you can use 'pre-pony pop' if you like, or maybe I'll go for 'post pony power pop'

"pantones pounding post pony power pop promises pretty psycheldic poetry, pairing, promiscuously pouding post punk precussion, playful piroetting pylonesque pianos, placed prettily, precedding placid polkas"

that's how I want my single to be introduced on your show

Interpol are so boring.

Even Joy Division sound too much like a shitty version of Joy Division too often

It's all one big circle of rip that starts with Joy Division. I've listened to the single twice now and am a little disappointed. It seems to be lacking some of the darkness of previous interpol - very poppy or something. Down with pop.

Ay but you know you'll be playing it loads. So suck it up, sista!

Joking. Well, I'm not, technically, but sure yknow.

The single sounds like a slight reworking of a couple of the singles off the last album... not enormously inspiring really.. but some of the new stuff they've been playing live sounds a bit more promising:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back