new immigration situation for the u.s. of a(tion) (1 Viewer)

meltdown

hey there folks, i seem to remember hearing about new rules for immigration when travelling to america. i recall something about having to get clearance 2 days before your flight from jan 1st of this year. anybody know what this might entail or anything about it, or did i dream the whole thing?????

cheers for that, next and most important question, got stung at a festival a few yrs ago with a bit of dope, been to the states twice since then no problem and im wondering is this new system gonna catch me out.

i got convicted alright, in the eyes of the law im a criminal. anyway as i said ive been to the states twice since the law got me no pproblems and im hoping to slip thru the net again. anyone else in a similar position tried been over since january

cop friend of mine told me it will only effect me if i was looking for a greencard, that it wouldnt show when goin on holiday, but said he doesnt know how it will go with the new procedures, would be a real kick in the balls to get stopped cos i won a weekend in nyc swanky hotel the whole lot.......

This ESTA shit is fully working now. You don't have to fill in the green form anymore (since the end of June I think).

But from September 8th we're gonna have to pay $14 to apply for ESTA approval. Which is bollox.

I have a suggestion though. All Americans coming to Ireland should be charged $14. The $14 they pay can be used to reimburse all Irish people who paid $14 to go to America.

Just checked, it's valid for two years, unless you change your passport, name etc. Which means I'll have to reapply next time we go to visit the In-Laws, which more than likely won't be for a few years anyway. But at $14 every two years it's not overly expensive. Most countries have some kind of charge for entering them.

you have to fill it out, even though its a complete waste of time to do so as they make you fill in all the info again at the airport on the green form.

ahhh, America......

Not any more.
All you need now is the customs form they didn't use the green Visa waiver form the last couple of times I travelled.

Also
Clearing US customs in Shannon is Bliss!
No baggage recheck or security clearance in the US - you get dropped directly into a domestic terminal
It great

No wonder those cunts at Aer lingus won't use it!

ESTA approval is good for a year or two though isn't it? Or did I get that confused with something else.
2 years

I don't think they'll refuse you entry if you don't have your ESTA I think the process at the moment is to give you a stern look and make you fill out the green form - I'm obviously not 100% on this but I'm pretty sure the last couple of time I travelled my ESTA was expired.

Just checked, it's valid for two years, unless you change your passport, name etc. Which means I'll have to reapply next time we go to visit the In-Laws, which more than likely won't be for a few years anyway. But at $14 every two years it's not overly expensive. Most countries have some kind of charge for entering them.

thats not so bad then. But you have to put in the address of where you're staying, so I'm not sure if you won't need to resubmit a new one if you're staying somewhere else on subsequent visits? Its all so confusing.

I was in the US in May. I was there again last week. I filled out 2 separate ESTAs (though I guess it wasn't working first time out), and no one said anything to me.

have they got those 'naked x ray' machines in operation over there now?wanna go visit again but really not into getting scanned like that...

yep, in Chicago anyways (O'Hare). Got scanned in one on monday. I swear I could hear someone jacking off in the viewing booth while my hotness was being checked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back