New Icarus Line (1 Viewer)

B for the Spree said:
i got it like three weeks ago... isn't it out yet?

yeah, but i'm waiting on it to be posted to my house.. just wondering if anyone had any opinions.

I loved the first album, live they're class too. Seem to be one of the few bands left with real attitude.

saw them play here in cork a few years back, nothng too original, bit of a stooges vibe off them only not half as good obviously.

Got the record a few weeks back, 'tis ok, no more no less.

Stacy said:
i found their first album a bit monotonous.. they were okay live though. is the new album any different?
i think it is different, and i prefer it. kinda monotonous again, in that they don't vary the formula much, but this time the formula has meoldy and good riffs and sounds a bit more retro, like dead boys or stooges in places, which i like. some amazing tracks, and some filler.

i think they're way better than the stooges, seriously. And live they just fuckin go off like all bands should.

i saw the icarus line and was so fucking bored to tears it was unreal. i thought you people with actual musical taste (b and alan) would have seen through them for the shitty hype gick that they are. though i suppose you likes the crapture and you likes thursday, so....

muahahaha.

damien said:
i saw the icarus line and was so fucking bored to tears it was unreal. i thought you people with actual musical taste (b and alan) would have seen through them for the shitty hype gick that they are. though i suppose you likes the crapture and you likes thursday, so....

muahahaha.
What he said. No to the Icarus line, their ilk and all they represent.
Better than the Stooges?
I shall deem this a matter of taste.

'better than the stooges' is possibly the funniest comment on thumped ever
they were shit when they played with d.e.p.
fuckin nasum was much better support the previous time.
andrew

damien said:

muahahaha.
never seen them, although my old band played with them, although i wasn't in the band at the time.

i'd like to take this opportunity to distance myself from alan's comment about the stooges by the way. icarus line are ok, the rapture are ok too, but the fuckin stooges, they're one of the best ever.

anyway buddyhead kicked ass in 1999.

chill bro, i just think it's funny

it's the music equivalent of being told "YOU'RE SOOOO IMMATURE!!!"
who fuckin cares if he thinks i'm elitist (nonsense), only a retardo would think that the icarus line is a better band than the stooges - what like 2 bullshit albums and some shitty 7'' are supposed to compete with fuckin 'Raw Power' and 'Funhouse'?
just think about that shit!
hey maybe you're not a retardo but seriously - DUHHHHH DUHHH BUHH FUHHHHHHH

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back