new discovery cheap strap lock (1 Viewer)

Gavin

dunno if this has been posted before...

get one of these
7706.jpg

drink the lovely beer.
then take the red rubber bit off the cap
IMG_0557%20code%205679_150.jpg

put it over your strap pin.
wahey instant strap lock!
ya can also buy the red rubber washers for a $ on some sites.

A dollar? Anyone wanna buy some off me? I'll give ye two for a euro.

Alternatively I'll give them away for free.

whats a strap lock for?

you know the little nut thing on electric guitars that you hang your strap on to? well the one on my electric guitar thats kinda above the neck (and not at the end/bottom of the guitar) has come off. the screw wont stay in. is there some sort of cheap wood filler i could use to fill the hole and screw the screw back into or would it require more expert fixing?

whats a strap lock for?

you know the little nut thing on electric guitars that you hang your strap on to? well the one on my electric guitar thats kinda above the neck (and not at the end/bottom of the guitar) has come off. the screw wont stay in. is there some sort of cheap wood filler i could use to fill the hole and screw the screw back into or would it require more expert fixing?

Get a bigger/longer screw and you'll be grand. The strap lock is to keep the strap on that yoke.

whats a strap lock for?

Bigger screw and/or duck tape.

Just a bigger and longer screw like I said. I've done it a few times over the years and never had a problem again.

or use the same screw but jam a piece or two of spliced up matchstick (you'll know how big to make it yourself) into the hole first, and possible half a drop of wood glue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back