New Colour Soul in the top 20!!! (2 Viewers)

jenko

Folks,

Just a quick note from the road, as we're still in the middle of our tour, but we've just had confirmation that our debut single Life's a party has entered the irish single charts at number 17 with sales of over 600 CD's in the first week, making us one of the elite group of artists to have a top 20 hit, let alone an unsigned band!

This is an unbelievebale testament to the support and enthusiam that all of you have show this band since our humble beginnings just over a year ago. This is just the beggining of things too, and this week, with our appearances in Hot Press, our "hit" review on Dave Fannings 2FM show, and our uncovered unplugged session on FM104's Strawberry Alarm Clock has given us a taste for bigger an better things.

In keeping with the vibe of the single, we're gonna have a HUGE party tonight in Crawdaddy on Harcourt Street, with Silver Addictive, Hotel and our good friend Marcus Valentine. Get yer asses down and lets celebrate in style. ?4 Euro off with proof of purchase of the CD, so if ya ain't got it yet, pick one up and we'll make ourselves at home in the charts! The top ten is so close, we can taste it!

cheers,

New Colour Soul

Dudes, yiz are all gonna be out of those elucid "charts" a helluva lot quicker than ye got into them.

Enjoy the buzz whilst it lasts, 'cause I'm sure it won't.

yeh, you're an unsigned band so go and blow all the money you make on a party - this does not make sense to me...

it's like when cartman spent all his money from Faith +1 having a big ceremony when he was getting a Myrrh record from the Christian music industry because he thought that it would be a platinum record and he could shove it in Stan and Kyle's face and win the bet. And then he gave up on the Christian music industry. It was huge.

Anyway, why are you having a party? Do you want Polydor to swoop with a big juicy contract or something?

Everyone has a dream. Sometimes those anticipated dreams consist of making it to the big time with your "funk" band. These kinda reminds of this really fucking naive 19 year Alaskan living in my building. You just want to pull her aside and tell her to cop the fuck on, she talks about this and that, "I could do this and that" when in reality you can't. You can aspire to, but it's hard. Even harder for a dumb American.

New Color Soul, yiz should buy an electric kettle with those royalties. One of the cordless ones that can shivel 360 degrees. MMmmmmm.

coast to coast said:
yeh, you're an unsigned band so go and blow all the money you make on a party - this does not make sense to me...

Well it's a gig and there is an admission price, so i guess that might make more sense to you now.

Anyway, if any of you genuinely like to check out and support new Irish music and see something different, then come along tonight.

If not just hang out here and bitch about things.

Don't matter to us really!

Andrew

jenko said:
well then would you please care to explain why the fuck your posting on this site about your "chart position" no matter how false it actually is to blow your pox bottle of a trumpet:D :D :D :D :D :D

jenko said:
Well it's a gig and there is an admission price, so i guess that might make more sense to you now.

Anyway, if any of you genuinely like to check out and support new Irish music and see something different, then come along tonight.

If not just hang out here and bitch about things.

Andrew
hmm. I haven't heard you're songs yet, but judging by your website, and your song titles New Colour Soul Jam and New Colour Funk or whatever, I severly doubt I'll like them, so I'll continue with the misanthropy, thank you.

yeah, even i don't pull this kinda crap
nobody gave the dudleys a tonne of shit for getting into the charts
everyone just said "well done, that's cool"
same deal.
i think their 20 whatever gigs in 56 minutes is kinda cool too

andrew

ISHDenise said:
well then would you please care to explain why the fuck your posting on this site about your "chart position" no matter how false it actually is to blow your pox bottle of a trumpet:D :D :D :D :D :D

Ah, I just wanted a reaction Denise, much the same as you got when they ripped your magazine apart here a few months ago. I'm sure you learnt from that, and maybe got some tips. The folks here are pretty harsh, but they sometimes have a point, and if you can learn from it cool. I was fully expecting to get slated here, but not by you. Disappointing from someone who supposedly stands for supporting new irish music :(

Coast to coast and Wilbert, you might be surprised by the music, the website was designed by a halfwit (me) and is not really representative, but sure it's not for everyone i guess.

Andrew

coast to coast said:
hmm. I haven't heard you're songs yet, but judging by your website, and your song titles New Colour Soul Jam and New Colour Funk or whatever, I severly doubt I'll like them, so I'll continue with the misanthropy, thank you.
I love people who slate music they havent even heard...it so clever.

Fugsake... I'd love to get into the charts...
People buying your records... who dos'nt want that!?!
Some people on here are fuckin idiots I tells yeh
Nice one NCS

This place is so bitter when a band posts something like this. Fair play to them for getting into the charts. And just because they don't play Rock music or introspective shoe gazing stuff or whatever the safe option is here in Ireland, don't mean that what they play is shit. Everyone has opinions on what good taste is. Christ! It would be refreshing if some people here weren't abusive cunts. :mad:

Bunny said:
This place is so bitter when a band posts something like this. Fair play to them for getting into the charts. And just because they don't play Rock music or introspective shoe gazing stuff or whatever the safe option is here in Ireland, don't mean that what they play is shit. Everyone has opinions on what good taste is. Christ! It would be refreshing if some people here weren't abusive cunts. :mad:

Thing I've been ponderin' lately, and this isn't directed at New Colour Soul or Bunny here. This whole 'taste' thing. Isn't it just a means of saying that one person knows more about the topic and therefore their opinion is more valid? I mean, if a Britney fan comes out and says 'Its all a matter of taste' regarding her musical prerferences as regards somebody who likes, say, Merzbow, or some relapse shit or Lightning Bolt or whatever, the argument goes that the girl is young and silly and hasn't exposed herself or been exposed to enough and varied music. Does this theory not carry forward to all examples? I.E. somebody with a brain who has listened to mor types of music can legitimately declare Morrissey or whatever to br trypeulent (Adjective of trype) and when the Morrissy fan says "Well, its all a matter of taste", its actually not. Or something. I guess what I'm saying is its not really a matter of taste. WHat we call taste can actually be considered not 'good' taste and 'bad' taste but, actually, right and wrong.
No?

Here. I'd pick Neil Young over Mozz or the Smiths anyday. THATS a matter of taste. I think Neil Young is a genius for melody, has huge variations in style, and Morrisey sounds like a depressing, self important, moany ponse. I liked the way you use Britney in your comparisons, makes Morrissey haters sound like they don't have a clue right?

Dixer said:
Thing I've been ponderin' lately, and this isn't directed at New Colour Soul or Bunny here. This whole 'taste' thing. Isn't it just a means of saying that one person knows more about the topic and therefore their opinion is more valid? I mean, if a Britney fan comes out and says 'Its all a matter of taste' regarding her musical prerferences as regards somebody who likes, say, Merzbow, or some relapse shit or Lightning Bolt or whatever, the argument goes that the girl is young and silly and hasn't exposed herself or been exposed to enough and varied music. Does this theory not carry forward to all examples? I.E. somebody with a brain who has listened to mor types of music can legitimately declare Morrissey or whatever to br trypeulent (Adjective of trype) and when the Morrissy fan says "Well, its all a matter of taste", its actually not. Or something. I guess what I'm saying is its not really a matter of taste. WHat we call taste can actually be considered not 'good' taste and 'bad' taste but, actually, right and wrong.
No?

i dunno mang, but what i do know is that the retardos whose taste in music reads like a cut and paste from pitchforkmedia.com and are rockin some music snob elitist buzz are 1000000 worse than any britney or morrisey fan

andrew

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back