New 160GB iPod Etc. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter simp
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 4
oh i like that touchscreen ipod.... wifi too.

hmm

The iPod Touch will be arriving in 8GB and 16GB flavors and will be priced at $299 and $399, respectively, when they ship "worldwide in a few weeks."

ipod touch only 8gb & 16gb ! was expecting a bit more than that. Yeah its nice but i am fucked if i am spending that much on that little storage. give it one more iteration and will pick one up with more storage

[SIZE=-1]640K is more memory than anyone will ever need.

Nah, I mean people are loading movies and things onto the iPod, that pisses away space fast.
And you can use it as a back up device...

edit... I dont really see the point of the touchscreen iPod though. The original wheel / button UI was fine for what the iPod was designed to do I thought.
What advantage does a touch screen give you?

Wifi is nice though I suppose.
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]640K is more memory than anyone will ever need.

Nah, I mean people are loading movies and things onto the iPod, that pisses away space fast.
And you can use it as a back up device...

edit... I dont really see the point of the touchscreen iPod though. The original wheel / button UI was fine for what the iPod was designed to do I thought.
What advantage does a touch screen give you?

[/SIZE]

Have they become more robust? Mine died after about 15 months of use (convenient, given the 1 year warranty). The disk drive kept whirring up and whirring down a few times and then displaying the unhappy iPod folder on the screen. I've heard of other people with the same problem. Maybe it was just the particular generation of iPod I got. This was about 3 years ago now.

Have they become more robust? Mine died after about 15 months of use (convenient, given the 1 year warranty). The disk drive kept whirring up and whirring down a few times and then displaying the unhappy iPod folder on the screen. I've heard of other people with the same problem. Maybe it was just the particular generation of iPod I got. This was about 3 years ago now.

Probably they are less robust... I would say.

Em, yeah, I mean my iPod is pretty old at this point, and has taken a beating to the extent that the screen is cracked and i can only play the ipod on random now. But, the hard drive still works grand.

It is just luck I think with drives.

Apparently google have this toughing thing they do, they put the new machines to work for a few months in a non critical farm and if they survive that they get promoted to the production farm. The logic is that if they survive a month of abuse they are semi decent.

Yeah. I heard that about Google. I would doubt Apple have such good testing though. Like you say, its probably down to luck when your drive will fail.

I can imagine they do some sort of estimation of the average life-span of an iPod as a function of the cost of the materials, the cost of assembly etc. and then decide how robust they need to make it to maximise their income.

[SIZE=-1]

[/SIZE]

What can you do with the wifi? Transfer stuff to and from your computer without cables? That would be nice ....

[/size]

the full keyboard is nice

right... but, like... why do you want a keyboard on an iPod?

not being smart or anything. Just, I suppose I use my ipod for music, and the odd file transfer.
I am just trying to imagine what you need to type? I suppose if you are using the internets you need to type addresses and things.

Hmm. It sort of turns into a computer at that point.

What would be cool if you could pull up an ssh session on the ipod... and admin machines and the like.

when I say cool, obviously i mean unbelievably sad.

Starfucks.jpg

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/article.asp?ID=5392

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back