Need ideas: Dessert (1 Viewer)

FiFi_LaRue

I'm heading to a dinner party in a couple of days and have been asked to make a dessert, there will be around 12 people attending.

My dilemma is that I'll be getting public transport to the dinner so whatever I make/bring has to be easy to transport, but also large enough to feed everyone.

I was thinking Pavlova, or cheesecake, but I'd be grateful for any other suggestions and recipes if possible!

Thanks in advance.

Crumble? You could even whip that up in your friend's house, just bring the ingredients separately and then put them in the dish & into the oven while ye're eating dinner!
You'd just need fruit (even canned fruit if that's easiest), sugar/honey/agave syrup (depending on your preferences) and the topping, which can be everything from the usual flour oats and butter to more exotic ones like ground nuts, coconut, oats and coconut oil :)

Crumble is a good idea. Anything you can prepare and leave in the container/tin for transport works well, so Cheesecake (or any kind of cake) and banoffi are also pretty simple (just put the cream or toppings on when you arrive at the destination).

Fruit Salad (made posh with some booze) transports well in big jars or some other type of watertight container - even bags as long as you seal them properly.

Make a Tarta De Santiago - it's piss easy, very elegant and easy to transport!

What about an Eaton Mess - you can knock that up in a few seconds. I absolutely hate Pavlova but could eat Eaon Mess all day.

Or else something dense and chocolaty

I'm heading to a dinner party in a couple of days and have been asked to make a dessert, there will be around 12 people attending.

My dilemma is that I'll be getting public transport to the dinner so whatever I make/bring has to be easy to transport, but also large enough to feed everyone.

I was thinking Pavlova, or cheesecake, but I'd be grateful for any other suggestions and recipes if possible!

Thanks in advance.

Pecan pie.
  • A piece of piss to make.
  • Seasonal.
  • Solid and easy to transport.
  • And delicious to boot.

Lock the thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back