Need a bike? (1 Viewer)

tomahawk

someplace between fiction and conspiracy theories.
Hey! This is near as good as it's going to get in irish weather, and anyone who doesn't have a bike to enjoy it on is missing out!

I've just finished overhauling the bottom bracket on my last rebuild project, and THIS BIKE NEEDS A HOME!

It's a red ladies frame with blue forks. it's a shopper.. well, it is probably a touring frame, but it's a shopping frame now! It's got upturned racer handle bars, sawed off and fitted with lovely aerolevers and blue&black grip tape. It's got ten speeds, caliper brakes, and 27" wheels. new back tyre; the front one's fine. It's also got a sweet basket attached to the back trap, and a rothar amu sticker for class and cred.

I've personally put this bike together - nearly every damn inch of the thing has been toyed with by my hands at some time or another. I wouldn't advise it for mountain biking or cross continent touring, but as I said : it's great for shopping! Decent road bike, though it's no racer; and the ladies' frame gives you a MUCH better chance of not getting it stolen!

give us post if you're interested....

Yeah, I'd say if the thief can actually see straight, they'll realize that no self-respecting male asian trinity student is going to hop on to a bike that even his girlfriend mightn't ride.

However, you're taking a chance in hoping the thief even has an eye left to judge with.

i had the biggest collection of tony the tiger reflectors you ever saw on the spokes of my BMX. There was also a sticker on the saddle that said "hot stuff" which, on reflection, was a little homoerotic for the image i was going for at the age of 7.

were they the ones that came free in the cereal box or did ye have to collect heaps of tokens, send em off with an extra £5 for p&p and wait weeks for them, by which time tony was out and teenage mutant ninja turtles were in? (they were cool tho)

La La said:
were they the ones that came free in the cereal box or did ye have to collect heaps of tokens, send em off with an extra £5 for p&p and wait weeks for them, by which time tony was out and teenage mutant ninja turtles were in? (they were cool tho)

Nah, they were free. There were Rice Crispies ones too but those rice crispie fellas weren't cool at all.

Fuck those, clothes pegs elastic-banded against your spokes so that you had a "motor" were where it was at back in the 80s, down Deansgrange way.

Back when I lived in Coolock back in 86, my crew and I used to beat the fuck out of kids that came near our estate with Kellogs reflectors on their BMXs. I was 5. We wore them on our leather jackets as trophies.

La La said:

ah they were indeed free, and gave me a purpose to live...

i remember eating Frosties for a whole summer just so i could get the tokens together for a free Tony the Tiger Jeep.

it was the smallest dinky i ever had, , i thought it was going to be huge, but i still adored it, cos it was endorsed by "Tres Cool" Tony.

the strange guy said:
Back when I lived in Coolock back in 86, my crew and I used to beat the fuck out of kids that came near our estate with Kellogs reflectors on their BMXs. I was 5. We wore them on our leather jackets as trophies.
you had a leather jacket when you were five !?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back