Near Death Experiences (1 Viewer)

Lefty Frizzell

So about 15 minutes ago a fire alarm sounded in work. We all filed out in an orderly manner and gathered outside the mansion house for ten minutes and them came back into the building.

Has anyone else here come close to death?

Share your experience with the group.

I watched a programme about Brian Harvey, where he recounted his near-death experience after running himself over with his own car.

Unclealo said:
I nearly walked out in front of LUAS there on Monday. What an embarassing way to potentially go

Oh this happened to me recently. The bell was ringing for ages but I didn't know what a Luas bell sounded like. Some guy on the street was waving at me to get my attention and when I looked over my shoulder to see who he was waving at, there was the Luas coming for me, inches away from my stupid face. Mortified.

i took a running jump off a high dive platform, saw my friend still in the landing area beneath me, grabbed the rail to stop myself, slipped off the platform with the full sprint momentum, swung around and slipped down the rail which my right hand was still gripping, slipped off, fell backwards, hit the water head first about half a meter from the edge.

i have long scars where the platform went into my chest and arm.
and yes, i saw my then-thirteen years of life replaying as the pool came closer. it's a strange sensation. i couldnt stop laughing when i came back up for air.

sorry for giving you a real answer!

tartaruga said:
Oh this happened to me recently. The bell was ringing for ages but I didn't know what a Luas bell sounded like. Some guy on the street was waving at me to get my attention and when I looked over my shoulder to see who he was waving at, there was the Luas coming for me, inches away from my stupid face. Mortified.

You berk.

snakybus said:
I was electrocuted once on a live wire. I was holding onto it and couldn't let go and there was smoke coming out of me (seriously). I thought I was dead for sure.

really?? wow.

How did you feel after?

as a teenager growing up, I, along with friends would regularly kill ourselves briefly byapplying the strength of 4 teenagers on ones chest after a breathing heavy session, thus inducing a near death state/experiance. soon after dying we would the play games of kissing dictated by a bottle.

.|..| .|..| .|..|

i nearly died when i was a toddler. I was in hospital and had some serious shit up with me - can't remember what exactly. It ended up with my mum kidnapping me from the hospital because she wanted me to be treated at home - and not die in hospital.

true story.

Had a scary moment when I worked for a mental hospital. Me and another guy were painting a house in the town that a few of the patients lived in. The nurses would check up on them in the morn, and they'd otherwise be left to their own devices.

Anyway, we were using the guys radio and it broke, and he started threatening us, telling us to give him £200(old money) for it. After a cupla hours he freaked out totally. Screaming that he'd kill us and shit like that.

He'd been drinking, and we knew he wasn't allowed to drink at all, and we didn't know what his mental condition was, or what he was capable of, or if he'd taken his meds.

Anyway he starts screaming that he'll kill us, and me (like an idiot) start screaming back at him, and goes out the phone to "get the boys". His screaming down the phone to someone "FUCKIN KILL THEM! COME HERE AND KILL THEM!!" We didn't know what to do.

We rang the nurse and she rushed up to the house and sorted it out. She just started beratting the guy, like he was a child. Fairplay to her, she fairly put him in his place.

Afterwards the nurse told us "yeah, thought something like that might happen, that's why I didn't put girls in the house"
Cheers, I thought.

I got the afternoon off though, so it wasn't all bad

Unclealo said:
I nearly walked out in front of LUAS there on Monday. What an embarassing way to potentially go

same way gaudi went. not in front of a luas but a tram in barcelona. left quite a mess behind him. that sagrada is really starting to wreck peoples heads, bet they wished they'd never decided to finish it for him.

my theory is his death wasnt an accident but more calculated as upon realising he would never finish his masterpiece he decided to leave it to someone else to do it and took a literal leap of faith.

When I was about 12 I was "down on the farm" where my cousin lived who was about 5 years older than me. We were talking about bangers and gunpowder and stuff and eh showed me this way he used to make "bangers" when he was younger.

He got 2 railway sleeper bolts and one sleeper nut. Screwed the nut 1/3rd way onto one of the bolts. Emptied the gunpowder stuff from a shotgun cartridge into the gap in the nut then tightened the other bolt onto the nut so this this is like a 10" long bolt with a head at each end and a nut in the middle full of gunpoder.

So he starts thowing the thing at the floor trying to make the gunpowder in between the bolt go bang bang. After about 10 goes nothing happened so he lossed it a little bit. Then he tried again and there was a really loud bang and smoke and I heard this "tchoom" go past my right ear.

My cousin's standing there looking at me all pale and shoked looking at one of the bolts sticking into the wall behind my head.

Amazing I nearly died.

broken arm said:
i nearly died when i was a toddler. I was in hospital and had some serious shit up with me - can't remember what exactly. It ended up with my mum kidnapping me from the hospital because she wanted me to be treated at home - and not die in hospital.

true story.

I actually died when I was a toddler. Drowned in a nappy basket (which is a bucket of water where nappies were washed). Apparently the heart stopped and all.

Was reincarnated as a prick.

There was a great program last night on Discovery about this woman who has narcolepsy, and in extreme instances of it she seems to be dead, so she's been pronounced dead and sent to a morgue 4 times. You'd think after the 2nd time it happened she would have taken some steps to ensure it wouldn't happen again. But no. One of the funniest things I've ever seen.

once fell down a really big ditch only to be stopped by a rusted barbed wire fence wrapping around my neck.
half an inch from my jugglar.
still the tetanus was a pain in the ass....get it?!?!?!?!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back