Near Death Experiences (2 Viewers)

Electrocuted by a lamp with no plastic casing.
Fell from the first floor over the landing and landed on my head in the hallway below.

We used to climb these cliffs by the sea in our youth. They were a few degrees shy of vertical and about 60-70 feet high. I had just reached the top when the clump of grass I was grabbing gave way and I fell all the way down. I was forced to slow my fall by grabbing juniper bushes (horizontal thorny shrubs growing vertical in this instance) than landed on the beach with my head inches away from a rock.

I think I've more than these though.........

Miltown Malbay 96.

A weekend drinking with a bunch of crazy fuckers.

Five of us driving home on the Sunday evening.

Car skids off a bridge.

Flips upside down.

Drops about 20 - 25 feet.

Smashes into the water at full speed.

Two huge rocks that where in the water smash in the front window.

Four of the five passengers are wearing seatbelts.

Yours truly was not and was sitting middle back.

Not one scratch / cut / bruise / on anyone.

Funny thing is. We climbed out of the wreckage to get back up on to the road. Tried to flag a passing car. Not one of them stopped for the best part of ten minutes. Then a "Garda" car finally passes and does stop.
They're response "Ah sur lads you cant be doin that".

True fucking story.

Didn't offer to ring an ambulance or anything.

Even funnier than that. Whilst we were waiting for a lift home. Two cars plowed into each other on the bend before the bridge.

I had that flash thing that people talk about too.

You know the way you see your whole life flash before your eyes.

FUCKED UP SHIT .|..| .|..|

gorilla tried to punch me in the face as i mocked it with said face pressed against plexiglass. glass cracked.

desertedvillage said:
Fell from the first floor over the landing and landed on my head in the hallway below.

Jesus, that reminds me, my parents had a book about accidents featuring all sorts of pictures of injured kids. One picture was of a kid who fell three floors, her face was all purple and mangled. The book featured Jimmy Saville (I think) and all sorts of tips on how to keep kids safe.

Not near-death, near nasty injury:

Working a building site aged 18. Given a job to remove the glass from all the ground floor windows that needed replacing. Rapidly got bored with the whole softly-softly approach so I start kicking the windows in and punching with my big safety gloves in a ninja stylee! Feel something hit my eye and instinctively go wipe it with the glove but stop just short and call over the foreman who removes a dagger shaped sliver of glass about a centimetre long that was impaled in my right eyelid: too close.

On the same job. The swing-from-the-rafters-by-two-clawhammers game was getting a bit tired so we decided to go sunbathe on the roof. I dropped from the rafters and went to walk off but found my right foot wouldn't move from the rubble strewn floor. I seem to be stuck to a large beam of wood and when my boot is finally pried off we find a 6in nail had gone through the steel toecap and inbetween my 2nd and 3rd toes, there was rustmarks along the inside of the two toes.

Other than that, a surprisingly injury free life. Total broken bone count is 1 baby finger and 1 big toe, both had healed before i realised they were broken.

when i was around 7months old, intestine got twisted. was in and out of a+e few times, as docters didn't know what was wrong. ewventually i was seen by professor, who knew what had happened, and operated immediatly. he later said i would have died within 2days if he hadn't seen me.

I drowned in a pool and was brought back to life spluttering water just like in the movies. I was pushed in by a labrador. in hindsight, he probably would have gotten manslaughter had I not returned to the light.

later in life I choked on a huge fish shaped jelly - was rescued when an adult arm reached down my throat and "fished" (ho ho) it out.

Lefty Frizzell said:
So about 15 minutes ago a fire alarm sounded in work. We all filed out in an orderly manner and gathered outside the mansion house for ten minutes and them came back into the building.

Has anyone else here come close to death?

Share your experience with the group.

I nearly blew away when I was in baby infence in school. I was a very very fucking small child and I was walking around the side of the school just after turning 4. And a I got caught in a freak gust of wind and landed in a ditch. This is the truth, fuck it I should sell my story to heat or something. But I cant remember much about it , just my brother telling my mother when we came home and a teacher wiping muck off my clothes. I heard nothing of it for years and then last year my brother who was in 5th class when it happened came home drunk and was like.. "hahah you blew away years ago"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back