NCAD show pics (1 Viewer)

i dont know. i dont think their should be such a huge emphasis on illustration but i still dont think think it should be completly practical/workplace orientated if you know what i mean. you can learn that (well you have to or youve wasted four years) but i think people should be encouraged to do new/different things. i think an artistic spin on things is neccessary. now more than ever graphic design is being praised as an artform in itself, from exhibitions,prizes to even dedicated galleries such as kemistry gallery, london.
im thing yale school of graphic deisgns end of year for one, yalegraphicdesign.com.
ill post some others if i come across them.

tin robots said:
now more than ever graphic design is being praised as an artform in itself, from exhibitions,prizes to even dedicated galleries such as kemistry gallery, london.
im thing yale school of graphic deisgns end of year for one, yalegraphicdesign.com.
ill post some others if i come across them.

yyyyyeeeeaaaahhhh, I get very prickily about this... yes at it's best graphic design is an art form, but 90% of the time, for 90% of people it's technical process with, it can be argued, more akin to enginerring or CAD then fine art and painting.

I'm all for experimenting and pushing boundries, but most of the time the client just wants a nice big logo, good use of the brand colours and a nice clear legiable font. No point arguing with them cause the next designer will do it and take the $$$

tin robots said:
perfect, they study vis comm for four years and you cant even read their invite. i went along to that show the other day and found it very derivitive. nobody was taking any chances and the whole thing reeked of "safe". i think that there is to big an emphasis on illustration in vis comm/ graphic design courses. some good technical work but nothing new.
Yeah, was definetly a poor reflection.
What I also found funny was that when I first saw the invite from a distance I thought my little sister had scribbled all over it with red biro...turned out to be the actual print on it though.
:)

paul- said:
Yeah, was definetly a poor reflection.
What I also found funny was that when I first saw the invite from a distance I thought my little sister had scribbled all over it with red biro...turned out to be the actual print on it though.
:)
D.E.A.F...... THEY GET DESIGN LIKE THAT DONE.

IT'S FUCKIN' AWFUL USELESS SHITE.
UNREADABLE, CONFUSING, UGLY AS A THOMAS ST. JUNKIE-FANNY.

WASTIN' MY TAX DOLLARS YIZ TALENTLESS FUCKS.

ALLAHQUANNNDO!!

Pantone247 said:
but 90% of the time, for 90% of people it's technical process with, it can be argued, more akin to enginerring or CAD then fine art and painting.

yes yes but there is usually more beauty and art in the designing of the 5,000 finely-balanced functioning components in a well engineered car engine than in all the scribbling and painting of some poncy art-school graduate.

na-mean?

broken arm said:
yes yes but there is usually more beauty and art in the designing of the 5,000 finely-balanced functioning components in a well engineered car engine than in all the scribbling and painting of some poncy art-school graduate.

na-mean?

amen simone. amen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back