nazi metal at the lower deck 28 feb (2 Viewers)

Janer in PM said:
meet for a pint and prove your diasterous handling of this metal gig

I find this comment most strange, out of 160 posts in this I've only made a handful and haven't really been the most vocal person in the thread.

I don't see how you could think I handled and by extension mishandled the gig, all I did was post my opinion which was no more than a few lines.

Apart from the metallers Janer - You are the only person so far who has come out in support of the gig.

I never said I was in supprot of the gig for fucks sakes, I said I don't believe it should have being stopped, I am against censorship and freedom of speech, I hate fucking metal and 99% of right wing politics but what gets my goat up is when people from the left trundle out the same cliches.

weeler said:

I don't need to get in a who's more left than who debate with you, pro-life and in favour of giving fascists a platfrom all the time
A fine example would be your dodgey comments about "jews" in the lower deck.
1) whats wrong with pro life?
2) I don't believe in censorship
3) I believe all Israelis should stop occupying Palestine yes and they are fucks for what they have done, no apologies for any of those 3 I have.

Yeah, cause left and right are just two ends of the same spectrum. :rolleyes: It's sheer pointlessness to even be talking in these vague at best terms, as if there's only a difference of degree between the two.

JANER said:
1) whats wrong with pro life?
2) I don't believe in censorship
3) I believe all Israelis should stop occupying the Palestine yes and they are fucks for what they have done, no apologies for any of those 3 I have.

1) There's nothing wrong with pro life. I mean who the fuck is pro death. (lock arms around cemetaries) It's state/church control over other peoples bodies and plain control over other people.
2) Good for you, neither do I.
3) ALL Isrealis? That's quite alot! (occupation? slightly more succinct than the other ways you've expressed it)
I say; "more anarchist support for national liberation movements!" :rolleyes: !ironyyy

Short person
1) It's the mothers actually, It's like once divorce was allowed in UK they'd have sex and say "Shit forgot to take the pill, never mind love just have an abortion."
So fuck the church and the government I just say don't make it easier for people to have abortions because then it just becomes an everyday part of life, just like having a holiday.
2) Hurrah
3) They became settlers knowing full well it was against international law and alot of them received money to do so.

Jaysus' Jisim said:
Quite the self-righteous little man aren't you.
Jaysus' Jisim said:
only an idiot would make sweeping assumptions about someone they've never met.

duhhhhhhhh.....................like what gender they are? saying that you're thick is a good point, since it's screamingly obvious but you don't seem to have cottoned on to it yet. i believe in calling a spa a spa.

There is actually nothing on that making a political statement, not that it's any of you're business what it says anyway.

you don't think having references to nazism and hero-worship of hitler counts as a political statement? people have to be careful about being too open with shit like that on sites like myspace or their site will get shut down, that's why the other bonehead has in his 'about me' blurb 'message me if you want to know'.

If you're so concerned about policing what people think, go and talk to them yourself and form an opinion that actually means something.

i'm not concerned with policing what people think, it just annoys me when halfarsed people start thinking they're onto something with some lame argument about why nazis promoting hate is equivalent to free speech. as if you even give a shite either way.

JANER said:
Short person
1) It's the mothers actually, It's like once divorce was allowed in UK they'd have sex and say "Shit forgot to take the pill, never mind love just have an abortion."
So fuck the church and the government I just say don't make it easier for people to have abortions because then it just becomes an everyday part of life, just like having a holiday.
Do you know anyone who's had an abortion? It's not as simple as popping for a quick nip and tuck? "oh but you read about people getting three and four" yes and you read about people taking a few mushrooms and jumping out windows, don't think it's a fair representation of the usual scenario.

Shorty said:
There's always the morning after pill, other forms of contraception, better sex education AND the possibility of availing of an abortion if needs be.

I'd much rather support initiatives in Israel/Palestine that are cross community, things like PUNK, and cross community struggle like anarchists against the wall

http://www.squat.net/antiwall/
Er I agree with all of that lol
Think we got our wires crossed somewhere.:eek:

billy said:
Of course the venue was going to cancel it as soon as people started phoning up protesting and threatning to take business away from it. Venues owners dont care about polotics they care about profit margins.
Its beyond me what you think was going to be going on in there that night!
You are an arrogant, self rightous, bigoted, stupid fuck who spends his time pathetically attempting to run the world from behind a computer because your too spineless to face things head on. Your also a fucking hypocrate, you listen to the music yourself. Clearly like myself you can seperate music from lyrics but as an experienced 19 year old you seem to think everyone else cant! Your a fuckin dickhead. Jaysus a 19 year old punk rocker whose a student, the sooner you finish college and get a job ect the better for everyone! Wanker!

hypocrite you mean?i said bands with 'questionable politics' not nazi bands and not some band that plays white power festivals,by questionable i mean bands which i wouldnt necessarily agree with their political message.i didnt say i have a bunch of fucking graveland records in my house or some shit.

too spineless to face things head on?im very open about my beliefs and views on far right politics, i dont see what physically confronting anyone would achieve though and this seems to be what yr inferring.

punk rocker?shows how much you know about me.

judging by the amount of ridiculous spelling mistakes, grammatical errors and sweeping generalisations in yr posts maybe you should become a 'student wanker' and learn to construct a decent argument.

yr gigs been pulled, end of story, i dont see any reason to debate this further. maybe you could all go up to the wicklow mountains and put it on there, it'd be way more grimmmmmm and nekkro...honest.

rotten tropics said:

too spineless to face things head on?im very open about my beliefs and views on far right politics, i dont see what physically confronting anyone would achieve though and this seems to be what yr inferring.

I didnt say anything about physically confronting anyone. You cant know what people believe unless you talk to them. You seem certain theyd fuck you up for your beliefs with nothing to back it up.

punk rocker?shows how much you know about me.

I know nothing about you the same as you no nothing about what your on about.

yr gigs been pulled, end of story, i dont see any reason to debate this further. maybe you could all go up to the wicklow mountains and put it on there, it'd be way more grimmmmmm and nekkro...honest.

Why would I be going to the Wicklow mountains to see a band I wouldn't have gone to see anywhere else. Clearly you no nothing about me! I just dont agree with censership.

NO WHY CLOSE IT? ITS THE ONLY PIECE OF LIFE GOING ON THESE BOARDS
They are too quiet most of the times.
Discussion is good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back