mystery films (1 Viewer)

taubstumm

Supporter
Website
kvt.red
have you ever had the experience of seeing part of a film, say on tv or at someone's house, and never actually finding out or asking what it is, and then being left stuck with half-a-film in your head, and no easy way to find out what it was?

help me out: a film -- british, i think -- done in a realist sort of style, with a psycho female character who wears chains on her body under her clothes, and asks her friend to drown her in the sea. i've a feeling it might be pretty well-known, but i saw it years ago, late at night, possibly on channel 4. sorry if i've ruined this film for anyone, but i'd like to know what it is. does anyone know what i saw?

I had this very same conversation a few days ago with someone.
I saw a film when I was a kid (I was maybe 6 so it was around 1992) and it's been on my mind ever since.

It was set in the states and opens up (i think) with a plane crash, when whoever comes to investigate, they find the black box missing. One of the opening scenes was set in a remote house at night time, with snow all around and there were a bunch of lads (the bad guys?) all celebrating with pizza.
The film was centered around finding the black box.

Can anyone help?

I had this very same conversation a few days ago with someone.
I saw a film when I was a kid (I was maybe 6 so it was around 1992) and it's been on my mind ever since.

It was set in the states and opens up (i think) with a plane crash, when whoever comes to investigate, they find the black box missing. One of the opening scenes was set in a remote house at night time, with snow all around and there were a bunch of lads (the bad guys?) all celebrating with pizza.
The film was centered around finding the black box.

Can anyone help?

'A Simple Plan', perhaps?
With Billy Bob Thornton, Bill Paxton (I can imagine them chomping down on some pizza) and an excellent turn from Gary Cole. Directed by Sam Raimi.
My dad loves that film.

If that is the film.

ok, not a film but here goes...
english live action kids show from the 80s/90s.
kinda spooky.
the bad guy had a henchman made from seaweed/slime.
and someone had an underwater lair, that was reached by simply walking into the sea.

that's all i got.

UNDER THE MOUNTAIN!!!

The Obble Force

The Obble Force could assume any shape at any time, so they appeared to be postmen or nice old grannies, but in reality they were slimy creatures from the deep. Also, they had a big black van/car that they used for kidnapping.

under_the_moutain_sc01.jpg

Watched the series again lately, really good and still pretty spooky. And it's from New Zealand you racists. Terrible looking remake out now too.

Anyone help me with this: film from early 70s I'd say, with really garish lighting (think Vamp or Suspiria) with scenes lit in particular colours. Lots of women who are possibly vampires and a bit where one of them is stuck in a lift (I think). Lots of blood. American I think. Not much to go on I know but I was around 7 when I saw it.

Thanks again to whoever it was who helped me identify this in a similar thread to this a while back!

Right, here's my one. American Psychological thriller type deal I saw on tv in the late nineties, I don't have a lot to give yous but a key scene I remember is a woman escaping from a mental institution at night. she steals a car and when she looks in the rearview mirror she sees an evil twin of herself sitting in the backseat. It's all in her head though. I think the rest of the film is the authorities tracking her down which they eventually do at the very end when they find her in field at dawn stirring a boiling pot over a campfire.

Right, here's my one. American Psychological thriller type deal I saw on tv in the late nineties, I don't have a lot to give yous but a key scene I remember is a woman escaping from a mental institution at night. she steals a car and when she looks in the rearview mirror she sees an evil twin of herself sitting in the backseat. It's all in her head though. I think the rest of the film is the authorities tracking her down which they eventually do at the very end when they find her in field at dawn stirring a boiling pot over a campfire.

Could be that dodgecore Stephen King adaptation with Heather Locklear as the nutbar.
Anyone remember BBC1 in the nineties used to show the shittest films ever on a Saturday night around prime-time? That one was probably shown twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back