myspace (1 Viewer)

u:m said:
I noticed your site was gone. why'd u get rid of it?

I only really set it up to see how it worked and why it was so popular.
The whole method of communication i.e. posting comments and expecting replys in your comments is just stupid AND the friends thing gets on my wick AND [SIZE=-1]Rupert Murdoch owns it AND myspace owns the rights to any content you have hosted while it's hosted AND I'm really dubious about the whole networking thing and the information that can be derived from it[/SIZE] AND AND AND .... :)

My Space (much like the internet itself) is great for going on anonymous rants against people you barely know, stalking people you used to stalk and checking out pics of barely clad teens.

Sure what more could you want???

Thats said I only have three friends but it's two more then 'real' life.

aoboa said:
I only really set it up to see how it worked and why it was so popular.
The whole method of communication i.e. posting comments and expecting replys in your comments is just stupid AND the friends thing gets on my wick AND [SIZE=-1]Rupert Murdoch owns it AND myspace owns the rights to any content you have hosted while it's hosted AND I'm really dubious about the whole networking thing and the information that can be derived from it[/SIZE] AND AND AND .... :)

heavy.. myspace own the rights to any content hosted? to what degree?

heavy.. myspace own the rights to any content hosted? to what degree?

"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By posting any Content to the public areas of the Website, you hereby grant to MySpace.com the non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, publicly perform and display such Content on the Website. This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Website. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on the Website or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, or other intellectual property rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties and fees owing any person by reason of any Content you post on the Website."[/FONT]

aoboa said:
"[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]By posting any Content to the public areas of the Website, you hereby grant to MySpace.com the non-exclusive, fully paid, worldwide license to use, publicly perform and display such Content on the Website. This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the Website. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on the Website or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) your Content does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyright rights, or other intellectual property rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties and fees owing any person by reason of any Content you post on the Website."[/FONT]

so they only have the right to use it on myspace?

so they only have the right to use it on myspace?

Yeah - and only for as long as it's hosted. They obviously don't give a f**k about that clause though cos you just have to look at the amount of 'fan' sites that host bands music without permission.

Why I find that clause to be scary is that - there is nothing to stop them using your music for advertising on the site.
Say for example - a lovely add pops up for Microsoft and your tune is playing in the background. That clause covers this kind of behaviour.

aoboa said:
Yeah - and only for as long as it's hosted. They obviously don't give a f**k about that clause though cos you just have to look at the amount of 'fan' sites that host bands music without permission.

Why I find that clause to be scary is that - there is nothing to stop them using your music for advertising on the site.
Say for example - a lovely add pops up for Microsoft and your tune is playing in the background. That clause covers this kind of behaviour.

put your site back up man

Damon_Kind said:
So this is what it sounds like, when doves cry...

Sorry man three real friends :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

!cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy !cheezy

theres builders in the house next door. been makin a racket since 8am. its awful
you should up and move to a house that has builders from cottell builders- then there'd be no building work getting done and all you'd have would be the picketers and the police.
yer sorted- no more builders noise.

myspace.- im liking it for bands ive never heard of - i like that you get to download loads of music - alot of the bands are naff but theres some good tunes on there - and for that i rejoice hourly.

oh and as for myspace being gay- its not- i tried and got no action.
and for that i cancel my hourly rejoicing at finding bands...

another oh.
i dont like the random requests from (nearly always americans) - i just deny..deny the american bands too or else your bulletins fill up with american tour dates.
no more oh's.
!ironyyy

my space is soooooooo last month;)
its grand as a resource for hearing bands but other than that its kindalike a vanity thing innit?
and you can meet much nicer people on thumped:) :heart: :D

Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops! Stripey tops!

I wish everyone I know was on myspace, cuz it seems much harder to keep in contact real life friends compared to internet friends.

And what's this Bebo all about? Spreading like bird flu it is.

I would have though Myspace was ideally suited to Hug's internet webmong ramblings.

lady lucan said:
myspace.- im liking it for bands ive never heard of - i like that you get to download loads of music - alot of the bands are naff but theres some good tunes on there - and for that i rejoice hourly.

I agree with this. I like that you can start of at, say, prefab sprouts page (fyi Wild Horses is ripe for some R n' B sampling action (c) P247) then click about the place for a bit and and end up at some demented americans 4 tracked psych-folk pop noise page and hear some of the most whacked out stuff ever in between...

some of it's shit like, but some of it's deadly, and you don't have too find their shitty page, click thru their shitty pictures, down load their shitty files, you just turn up, press the play button and decided wether you like it or not. easy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back