My Teenage Dream Ended (1 Viewer)

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I think it's brilliant. A document of truth and reality sent from an honest soul so that we may understand perhaps? All the tropes and conventions of the modern day pop music genre are explored and deconstructed to create a sound that is both familiar and hauntingly alien. The autotuned vocals remind us of the American dream and the inevitable unattainability of it. It is a devastatingly honest yet refreshing record. At its best it is quite an austere yet poignant exploration of the themes of loss and parenthood, and at its worst it's still album of the year. Go out and buy it now.

3/5
[/FONT]

[FONT=arial, sans-serif]I think it's brilliant. A document of truth and reality sent from an honest soul so that we may understand perhaps? All the tropes and conventions of the modern day pop music genre are explored and deconstructed to create a sound that is both familiar and hauntingly alien. The autotuned vocals remind us of the American dream and the inevitable unattainability of it. It is a devastatingly honest yet refreshing record. At its best it is quite an austere yet poignant exploration of the themes of loss and parenthood, and at its worst it's still album of the year. Go out and buy it now.

3/5
[/FONT]

So raw and honest Parx

While we're at it, why does the mainstream media treat Lady Gaga as anything other than rancid cheesy 90s Europop sung by someone dressed as a kettle? All those covers and and 10 page articles in in Sunday magazines would lead you to believe that her output wasn't as culturally bankrupt as a lunch box of ankle scabs.

Lady Gaga is the worst of the worst, because she thinks she's making some brilliant overarching artistic statement with everything she does. It's completely worthwhile and boring.

Something can be honest and experimental and still be crap.

Decent music has a vision and tries to express it and is more than just electronic doodling - Pink Floyd's catalogue notwithstanding obv

Writing should be like a kid peeing in the bushes - because you need to (Witold Gombrowicz)
I'm surprised how I can sometimes relate to the stuff that's not necessary high quality regarding musicianship or recording skills. Today anyone can make music, and put it out there thanx to the internet , but that's a good thing, that your not limited to what they feed you on tv and radio.

Writing should be like a kid peeing in the bushes - because you need to (Witold Gombrowicz)
I'm surprised how I can sometimes relate to the stuff that's not necessary high quality regarding musicianship or recording skills. Today anyone can make music, and put it out there thanx to the internet , but that's a good thing, that your not limited to what they feed you on tv and radio.

doesnt matter what hand feeds you the crap, as crap is still crap

Can someone explain to me what the fuck outsider music is, please, please please?

Anyone who can't or won't meet the minimum standards of common practice is an outsider, some are more interesting than others. Haven't we been through this a number of times?

The tune in question is clearly an out-of-context vocal that's been autotuned and chopped and dropped line by line into a musical setting that's too together to have been made by the same vocalist. Lyrics are presumably sincere enough but the credibility of the track is on a par with Lana Del Rey, whom I invoke only because of the groomed quality of the whole thing. Ugh!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back