My Teenage Dream Ended (2 Viewers)

Denny Oubidoux

Hangin round town
Supporter
Solutions
pj4dub.jpg

Has anyone listened to this album? Is that Teen Mom show big on this side of the atlantic? Apparently hipsters are calling it genius outsider music. It's fairly odd alright but the most surprising thing to me about it, as someone completely unfamiliar with her up to yesterday, is that it sounds like all that other horrendous autotuned mtv dance music shit (whatever thats called) and has those stabby synth sounds etc but it's actually really good. her background seems to make her an unlikely candidate for a groundbreaking musical talent, that's what i put all the fuss down to - her sort shouldn't be so musically talented.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Debate summed up by two commenters over at the Guardian

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/sep/28/farrah-abraham-teenage-dream-ended?newsfeed=true

HenleyRegatta
28 September 2012 7:57PM

Glad you're covering this album. It really is an extraordinarily strange and surprisingly moving album. Get over the kitchsy sleeve and inside is something much stranger and discordant and abrasive than any reality show star has a right to make.

jonat
29 September 2012 3:23PM

No, I'm sorry - you're trying to impose some kind of avant garde status onto something that is simply naive and lacking in musical understanding. It's just bad - a mish mash of whatever the easiest beats to get hold of were, a really cheap and repetitive synthesizer noise and a vocalist who has no idea how to sing and comprehends neither syntax nor rhythm. Any attempt to intellectualize this bollocks is most unedifying. I insist that you cease forthwith!

Lock thread

Anyone like the new Grimes album?

It's moving, as it's so bare and honest

pj4dub.jpg

Has anyone listened to this album? Is that Teen Mom show big on this side of the atlantic? Apparently hipsters are calling it genius outsider music. It's fairly odd alright but the most surprising thing to me about it, as someone completely unfamiliar with her up to yesterday, is that it sounds like all that other horrendous autotuned mtv dance music shit (whatever thats called) and has those stabby synth sounds etc but it's actually really good. her background seems to make her an unlikely candidate for a groundbreaking musical talent, that's what i put all the fuss down to - her sort shouldn't be so musically talented.

they so arent

i think the cover should be in the thread, the pic in the original post seems to be broken

12373842.jpg

There's not so much as a hint of hipsterism to it

pj4dub.jpg

Has anyone listened to this album? Is that Teen Mom show big on this side of the atlantic? Apparently hipsters are calling it genius outsider music.

can discern almost no difference in lyrical theme/subject and musical sorroundings between that and this

[video=youtube_share;JeTE5cnkhGc]http://youtu.be/JeTE5cnkhGc[/video]

what say you thumped??

Total Horseshit.

No, it is- Bare and honest, the voc effect makes it even more moving, or somewhat shy
love the lines:
“My anger is my power” and “would have blame it all on you, but it’s the easiest thing to do”
thanx for book suggestion, have lots to read as it is
Glad there was no thumped when I was 13

I hate giving this stuff any sort of recognition (even acknowledging this shit almost makes it famous) BUT this is a really odd one.

Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, yer wan who does (or maybe that's now 'did') some property type show on BBC or Chan4 has come out with a song. I hope this doesn't turn into some sort of bandwagon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back