My Teenage Dream Ended (1 Viewer)

can discern almost no difference in lyrical theme/subject and musical sorroundings between that and this

[video=youtube_share;JeTE5cnkhGc]http://youtu.be/JeTE5cnkhGc[/video]

what say you thumped??

Hmmm, well I'm straying into the realm of speculation now and probably saying more about my own musical prejudices than anything about these lads but yer one farrah's music sounds to me like it's her making music as a genuine act of creativity using her own ideas and the musical knowledge/background that she probably grew up with or is surrounded by. It doesn't sound to me like there's any sense of commercial or music biz motivation behind it and that is, i reckon, borne out by the fact that it came out as an extra to the digital edition of her book, but not the regular print edition. As music it was tacked on, barely advertised and not given any sort of independent release - to begin with anyway. She just did it for it's own sake. Maybe your man calvin did that too, i dunno, but his sounds like everything else on tv, her's has a bit more character imo. there are some really good bits on the album, it has the same kind of sounds as everything else but it's a cut about the rest. I don't think you hear that much in this kind of music so she's unusual in that respect. i think so anyway.

I suppose going on a reality show and then writing a book about it is about the least commercially or biz motivated thing a person can do these days.

No, it is- Bare and honest, the voc effect makes it even more moving, or somewhat shy
love the lines:
“My anger is my power” and “would have blame it all on you, but it’s the easiest thing to do”
thanx for book suggestion, have lots to read as it is
Glad there was no thumped when I was 13

Awful lyrics and short music.
Total Double horseshit

Hmmm, well I'm straying into the realm of speculation now and probably saying more about my own musical prejudices than anything about these lads but yer one farrah's music sounds to me like it's her making music as a genuine act of creativity using her own ideas and the musical knowledge/background that she probably grew up with or is surrounded by. It doesn't sound to me like there's any sense of commercial or music biz motivation behind it and that is, i reckon, borne out by the fact that it came out as an extra to the digital edition of her book, but not the regular print edition. As music it was tacked on, barely advertised and not given any sort of independent release - to begin with anyway. She just did it for it's own sake. Maybe your man calvin did that too, i dunno, but his sounds like everything else on tv, her's has a bit more character imo. there are some really good bits on the album, it has the same kind of sounds as everything else but it's a cut about the rest. I don't think you hear that much in this kind of music so she's unusual in that respect. i think so anyway.

Something can be honest and experimental and still be crap.

Decent music has a vision and tries to express it and is more than just electronic doodling - Pink Floyd's catalogue notwithstanding obv

It's her music that is of interest, not her book or TV career

Ah that was cheap shot by me, i put it in there for the reason that folks would equally just write off calvin harris because he has a career.

In the face melodies, plain lyrics about real stuff that young folks experience. simple effective beats. quiet fun to listen to.

that is my review for both this and calvin harris. I quiet like it.

Can someone explain to me what the fuck outsider music is, please, please please?

And here I am talking about the hottest new sensation and yiz are all whinging about bad brains and saying pink floyd are shit as if punk meant something

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back