My new charity shop cd collection (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 88
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 4
Yeah, was in freebird today and had a gander at the secondhand CDs (currently only usable in my car but intention is to sort soon). Fairly pricey, considering.

The price of some records in tower is just bananas. To be fair, some stuff is fine, 20 notes, give or take. But then you see a 49.99 on something out of nowhere. To a lesser extent the same with RAGE. First time in their new place. Remembered them having a better selection of stuff in Road Records digs. How long they in Crow St?

if memory serves, in 1988/1989 a new LP would set you back £10 in the sound cellar

The % change in the CPI from Sep 1988 to Sep 2021 is 92.6 %.

A basket of goods and services that cost €12.7 in Sep 1988 would have cost €24.46 in Sep 2021

£10 in 1988 was worth about €23.77 in 2020.

Yeah, was in freebird today and had a gander at the secondhand CDs (currently only usable in my car but intention is to sort soon). Fairly pricey, considering.
I hear you, but I don't.

I picked up that PJ Harvey & John Parish cd, and a Mind Over Mirrors one... both for a fiver each.

To me, that's 10 quid well spent. [Although the Mind Over Mirrors is patchy (or too long, clocks in at 70 minutes... eh, unworkable on the vinyl format, I reckon), when it works, it truly glistens.]

Also the price of some new vinyl is truly bananas agreed... it's a market built for people working in the software racket in terms of disposable spondulies... picked up a sweetass Don Cherry record for 20 quid in Spindizzy there the other week, and it was like I jammed out relative to the cost of a new record these days... that RSD shit, get fucked.

I wanted to listen to Chill Out by the KLF last night but couldnt cos its not streaming. That hasnt happened in a long time
I have this on LP, and don’t even mind getting up off my arse to turn it over after 20 minutes!

I have this on LP, and don’t even mind getting up off my arse to turn it over after 20 minutes!
Yeah,I used to have it on vinyl as well. Many the happy morning was spent playing that particular disc

My best charity shop CD find was Shut it: Music from the Sweeney. It's mostly library music. Cool 70's sinister funky, jazzy instrumentals. I was close to buying it off discogs for something like €18 & then I found it in a charity shop for €1. Couldn't believe it. Disc was a bit scratchy but plays perfectly. Good ol CDs.

Best charity shop vinyl finds, a sealed copy of Joan as police woman - damned devotion for €3
& a copy of Music inspired by the snowgoose by Camel for €2. The cover needed a bit of glue, but the record was perfect. A lined inner sleeve, usually a good sign.

I remember as late as 2006 buying a new album on vinyl in HMV because it was 5-10 quid cheaper than the cd.

if memory serves, in 1988/1989 a new LP would set you back £10 in the sound cellar
In 1995 I remember all LPs being £10 and all CDs being £15 in the Sound Cellar.

I thought that was expensive and never bought anything there.
the records weren't filed in alphabetical order (as far I could see) at that point.
charging the same for everything was daft.

£10 in 1988 is only about 23 Euro now?
I was even poorer in the 1990's than I thought!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back