My new charity shop cd collection (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 88
  • Views 8K
  • Watchers 4
Massive score just there!

Killing Joke best of
Deicide greatest hits
Adele 19
Lily Allen second cd
Ben Folds Five
Coldplay x2
A/dc Back in Black
Catatonia
Michael Buble

Left behind a couple more metal ones and Christine Aguilaera I'll get the next day

Massive score just there!

Killing Joke best of
Deicide greatest hits
Adele 19
Lily Allen second cd
Ben Folds Five
Coldplay x2
A/dc Back in Black
Catatonia
Michael Buble

Left behind a couple more metal ones and Christine Aguilaera I'll get the next day

Deicide greatest hits. Amazing.

I haven't bought any vinyl from a charity shop. I rarely see LPs in them. Usually it's "the pope in the phoenix park" ect...I know oxfam on georges st. has plenty. I just have this idea that the records are going to be in a shit state and I can't stand noisy, crackley vinyl.

I generally don't bother with oxfam,too many beat up records priced at book price. Vincents seems to be the better one to find stuff in. But vinyl is becoming increasingly uncommon.

I can't stand noisy, crackley vinyl.
So that's most vinyl these days, second hand or new.

The stuff I've picked up over the years tends to be well cared for. Usualy I'm digging out classical records which probably have only been played a few times. The Stockhausen one I mentioned above must have been only played once, it was immaculate. I have visions of some oul fella thinking it's something nice like Brahms and being confronted with all that noise.

I just have this idea that the records are going to be in a shit state and I can't stand noisy, crackley vinyl.

Years ago when I used to buy second hand vinyl in Freebird, they'd hand it to me, to see if I was happy with its condition. And I'd always take a look at both sides, looking for scratches, flipping it over in a very casual yet studied manner.... but I wasn't really looking at all. A bit like when some waiter asks you to try the wine before he pours it for the table, and you always take a slurp blankly and go - that's grand yeah thanks

Aww jazes I have been wanting a drum set for years..I hope I'm not too late getting my shout in
I'm in two minds, I'll either donate/give it away or I might consider putting it up on Adverts to see if I can sell it. I have a few other bits to go with it too; a couple of other snares etc.
It's a Sonar kit. Nice one too.

Years ago when I used to buy second hand vinyl in Freebird, they'd hand it to me, to see if I was happy with its condition. And I'd always take a look at both sides, looking for scratches, flipping it over in a very casual yet studied manner.... but I wasn't really looking at all. A bit like when some waiter asks you to try the wine before he pours it for the table, and you always take a slurp blankly and go - that's grand yeah thanks

I remember being in a restaurant one time where they offered us sip of the wine and we said "no, that's ok" because we were sure it would be fine then the wine turned out to be some manky rosé sparkiling shit so I never made that mistake again

I'm in two minds, I'll either donate/give it away or I might consider putting it up on Adverts to see if I can sell it. I have a few other bits to go with it too; a couple of other snares etc.
It's a Sonar kit. Nice one too.
Sonar?

Ahh here..Adverts that shit
(or donate it to me)

My best second hand find was this video in Trim library for 50c
DeadCanDance.TowardTheWithin.box.jpg

The Who - The ultimate collection
The Libertines - Up the bracket (it also had the 2nd album in the case)
Cream - Disreali Gears deluxe (only the first disc in it)

Speaking of. I'm unloading a load of cds because I'll be moving house in the next while. I'll post a list up in the next while and see if anyone wants any.

Remember I said I'd pop up a list of CDs that I had to give away before moving house? Well, I never got around to it. I ended up giving 2 boxes of cds to the St Vincent De Paul shop in Blanchardstown Village if anyone wants them. There's stuff there by the Go Betweens, Mogwai, Vampire Weekend and many more. Sorry I didn't post up here, just never got around to it in all the madness.

Only 3 or 4 months before this article from 2010 is up to date:

(some fun terms in there that didn't happen or seem hopelessly dated now)

and it may indeed be happening, in a way, a very Korean way I guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back