mustang pickups (1 Viewer)

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
i have one of these:

82BulFullLineCat.jpg

the top one, the standard bullet. and i want to get new pickups for it cause the output of the current ones is pretty weak. they have to be the same size and shape as the current pickups which i'm pretty sure are the same as mustang pickups. i can't throw a humbucker or standard single coil in there cause the scratchplate is steel and forms the back of the bridge so i do not wish to fuck with the integrity of it.

i've done a few wee web searches and gotten nowhere. the bartolini site in rubbish, i thought for sure they'd have one. anybody know of a companies that might do em?

Dude. I have a spare Mustang pickup that I dont use you could try out I spose... (but I was thinking of replacing the Humbucker with it)

Dude. I have a spare Mustang pickup that I dont use you could try out I spose... (but I was thinking of replacing the Humbucker with it)

i have mustang pickups. the output isn't high enough for my liking.

yeah, it is very nice to play. body is thin and light (cheap wood i think). the neck it amazing. quite thick. the story is these guitars got 60s and 70s tele necks that were hanging around the factory. i have a maple fingerboard.

the bridge pickup it thin and weak sounding. the nick pickup is much niceer, fat but with an edge. its the one i use more often. doesn't sound like a tele or a mustang as far as i can tell. pretty unique sounding instrument. its a quiet guitar. the scratchplate forming part of the bridge thing is quite odd, but it works fine.

one thing thats strange, in canada the guitar had real trouble holding the drop C tuning, as in, the bridge saddle used to collape. tried various string gauges to no avail. but since i've gotten back to ireland i can rock out in C all day on it and it's perfect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back