Music that hurts your ears (5 Viewers)

actually, I realised last night that as much as I don't 'get' sunno))), I absolutely cannot STAND Khanate. It's like listening to the sound of hell!!

You don't have to worry now cos Khanate have split up.
I way prefer them to sunn o))). Far more interesting but not the kinda thing you listen to very often.

man, i think Sunno))) are pants and I'm not a woman. Snooze-city

I don't know about you, but the reason I can't stand 'em is cos i'm far too impatient to appreciate someone dragging the one note out over half an hour. I mean, I really really *wish* I could appreciate 'arty' stuff like that, but I don't have the attention span. Which is why I'd actually prefer really nasty electronic music to drone/doom stuff, because at least that keeps your attention! I reckon though that often musicians appreciate sunn 0))) etc better than the likes of myself, as they see what's technically involved etc. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to ddmurph for pissing all over some of his favourite bands...

I don't know about you, but the reason I can't stand 'em is cos i'm far too impatient to appreciate someone dragging the one note out over half an hour. I mean, I really really *wish* I could appreciate 'arty' stuff like that, but I don't have the attention span. Which is why I'd actually prefer really nasty electronic music to drone/doom stuff, because at least that keeps your attention! I reckon though that often musicians appreciate sunn 0))) etc better than the likes of myself, as they see what's technically involved etc. I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to ddmurph for pissing all over some of his favourite bands...

art?fuck that.SunnO)) does it for me because it's heaviness taken to the point where it just slows down your brain.total zone-out stuff. I couldn't care less what technical aspects are involved, I'm more concerned with being flattened by the sheer physicality of it.prefer Khanate to be honest because they're just more..I dunno..frightening or something?

I'd like to take this opportunity to apologise to ddmurph for pissing all over some of his favourite bands...
no need to apologise aoife. on the flip side, i'm not the biggest fan of bright eyes or broken social scene. girls (and indie wimps like ciaran :p) don't like sunn o)))

needtokill said:
art?fuck that.SunnO)) does it for me because it's heaviness taken to the point where it just slows down your brain.total zone-out stuff. I couldn't care less what technical aspects are involved, I'm more concerned with being flattened by the sheer physicality of it.
what needtokill said. the only instrument i ever played was the tin whistle when i was 7 and i seriously sucked at that. i was even a shit triangle player when i was in baby infants

sweetoblivion said:
I absolutely cannot STAND Khanate. It's like listening to the sound of hell!!
try abruptum!

no need to apologise aoife. on the flip side, i'm not the biggest fan of bright eyes or broken social scene. girls (and indie wimps like ciaran :p) don't like sunn o)))

what needtokill said. the only instrument i ever played was the tin whistle when i was 7 and i seriously sucked at that. i was even a shit triangle player when i was in baby infants

try abruptum!

Abruptum?Ha!Try Emit!
Dave , can you email me your adress again, I got the money for those records yesterday and I need to post them

avenged sevenfold and atrayu. possiably easy targets but they should be executed for every single,nauseating song they've ever released. also, james blunt, besides his, er, "songs", his voice when he's talking is one of the most irritating sounds known to humanity.

try abruptum!

I actually meant to use you dd as an example of someone who isn't a musician but has the greatest appreciation and appetite for all types of music from millions of different genres and sub-genres...I envy and admire you. .|..| Maybe I've been trying to 'get' something out of bands like Sunn O))) but actually the point is not to try to 'get' something, but let it lead you somewhere...? (sorry, that sounds like I'm on drugs...never mind.)
Just in case anyone thinks it, I'm not saying these are shit bands, just that I'm unable to appreciate them...but then again, I do think musical taste evolves over time, so it stands to reason that one day I may like Sunn o))) etc...

flying doggy? what?
i think ratmonkey means this dude ...
falkor_smiling.gif

wasn't atrayu the kid not the dog though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back