Music that hurts your ears (3 Viewers)

CRUNK music. Jkwon, Akon all them bastards fuck the lot of em wit there fuckin "grills" on the teeth; how are ya meant to eat a bag of popcorn wearin one of them things. Worst music around.

That Pink single "Stupid girl" is one of the more recent examples of over compression...you'd think these producers would take into account the extra compression that radio stations (and especially Satellite music television) heap on a song.

absolutely, there is simply no need for every moment in a pop song to be compressed to extent where everything is just LOUD, just at the threshold of clipping. modern rock and pop music is desperately lacking any sense of dynamic range. it makes for some extremely boring and annoying sound.

everything is all getting mixed up in here. joni mitchell has the odd irritating moment but really - she has no business being dragged into this thread except for that counting crows cover of big yellow taxi - that makes me feel sick and violated. same with jack johnson. fuck him to hell! listening to that shite is like being force-fed way too much tapioca. that counting crows cover is the first thing i thought of though.

anything in the genre of 'country & irish'

oh but here's something interesting - Bagatelle are re-releasing Summer In Dublin - but they're making it relevant for now. So I presume it's going to be dance to tipperary-telle.

i wonce spent the night in a hayshed across the road from The Rustic Inn in abbeyshrule, co longford. bagatelle were playing that night and i could hear every note quite clearly. this was 1993 i think - they were past their prime.

Why has noone mentioned Sigur Ros.
I can't understand what that caterwailing is so popular. It annoys the living shit out of me.

agreed.
Wolf Eyes(obviously)
Techno and breakcore.
I see the point of breakcore or why people like it but hate the sound of it.
Techno can fuck off.
Lightning Bolt.
Noisy jangly indie bands.That mid nob is there for a reason you cunts.

actually there is more
All the Isis/Pelican clone bands knocking around.
Trivium and all that compressed metal shit.
Go Team or whatever they are called.
That whistling song.
The Doors.
Bell X1 easy target but they are horrendous sounding.

I could go on but you get picture.

Thats said the bands Im in have annoyed enough people and they probably say the same thing about us.

"One mans blah blah blah..."

well i know you like the melvins... but i honestly can't think of anything else brian! are you a one band man?

jillface what do you mean?
Do I like other bands ohter than the Melvins??
I like some bands way more than the Melvins.

Hahaha gimme a break,Im not listing a load of bands.

Bar Lightning Bolt I imagine most people I play with would agree.

edit-Oh more than the Melvins..I get you.Heres 5 obvious ones so I cant get accused of being obscure for the sake of it.

QOTSA
The Stooges
Mountain
Hellacopters
Blue Cheer

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back