Music that hurts your ears (1 Viewer)

I was in a friend's gaff last week, flicking through the music channels and there was an advert on for this recent Britpop band called the Automatic. Jesus, they're really opening these bands out of tin cans at this stage. Fucking horrible.

In a more literal sense, Lightning Bolt in Whelans left me completely discombulated for over a day. I remember the next morning stirring a cup of coffee, and it sounding like a symphony. Just about alright for the Boredoms on the Friday so I was...

Any genre of music where people argue to me I've not heard the right song/band etc.

Hate that meself coz then if you do ever hear the "great song" there on about its always a let down like when i finally heard "alive" by pearl jam loads of you probably wont agree but im just not a pearl jam fan.

I have to say that Lightning Bolt do my head in too.
If their albums were 10 minutes long I'd probably love them cos I never seem to make it further than that in one sitting.

"All the Isis/Pelican clone bands knocking around." - Neurosis fans say the same thing about Isis and Pelican :)

bob dylan
anything that refers to licking pussy and crack or ladylumps.
clap your hands say yeah
metallica
antony & the johnsons
the single of the fortnight from hot press july 14th 2004

that band who supported Bluetones last night. Uncle Bob or somesuch shite.

could POD not have given that slot to some up-and-coming Irish band? To have wheeled them whiney fuckers all the way over from England to assault our ears like that isn't on really.

Yeah - the actual songs are decent. It's something to do with the tone of his voice and the way the holds notes that drives me mad.

I love Rufus' stuff, but it's the way that he sings while barely opening his mouth/nose that makes him sound weird sometimes. Actually, Jeff Buckley would do that live too, they're quite similar that way. It can be rather annoying.

I feel physically sick if I listen to Sunn 0))) or anything to do with Doom...my boyfriend loves all that shit though, he now has to wear headphones if we're both in the bedroom and he's listening to music, as any genre of metal is starting to do my head in! Poor guy...

I love Rufus' stuff, but it's the way that he sings while barely opening his mouth/nose that makes him sound weird sometimes. Actually, Jeff Buckley would do that live too, they're quite similar that way. It can be rather annoying.

I feel physically sick if I listen to Sunn 0))) or anything to do with Doom...my boyfriend loves all that shit though, he now has to wear headphones if we're both in the bedroom and he's listening to music, as any genre of metal is starting to do my head in! Poor guy...

My girlfriend does pretty much the same thing any time I put on Sunno)).And she's practically a metaller.

Cue "Why don't women like SunnO)))" thread.

could POD not have given that slot to some up-and-coming Irish band? To have wheeled them whiney fuckers all the way over from England to assault our ears like that isn't on really.

hehe, i was photographing that last night, felt a bit sorry for them.
"COULD EVERYONE PLEEEEASE TAKE ONE STEP FORWARD TOWARDS THE STAGE"

I have to say that Lightning Bolt do my head in too.
If their albums were 10 minutes long I'd probably love them cos I never seem to make it further than that in one sitting.

"All the Isis/Pelican clone bands knocking around." - Neurosis fans say the same thing about Isis and Pelican :)

I like Pelicans Australasia but they sounded like U2 live and I never liked Isis.
So I guess Im with the Neurosis fans.

Serves you right for going to the bluetones ;)

I used to love indie music and now when i listen to it, it just sounds so contrived and unoriginal. But maybe that's a different point.

Endlessly upbeat enthnic music makes my goitre go nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back