Music nowadays is shit: Discuss. (1 Viewer)

What's hoopla over Royal Blood? Why are they rated? Seems a trifle rehashed to me, with the added bonus of having no nuance because there's only two of them. Every time some young lads do some rock and roll, the world is saved again. But why? I dunno. Anyone got an insight.

I remember somebody talking about something like this before. Somewhere. Anyways, the jist of what they were saying, and I'd agree with this, was that it's Straight White Males in the music press trying to dictate taste. It comes from the same mentality behind the 'disco sucks' movement. So what Royal Blood are 'saving' the world from is music not made by white guys. Who are straight.

I remember somebody talking about something like this before. Somewhere. Anyways, the jist of what they were saying, and I'd agree with this, was that it's Straight White Males in the music press trying to dictate taste. It comes from the same mentality behind the 'disco sucks' movement. So what Royal Blood are 'saving' the world from is music not made by white guys. Who are straight.
I presume they're also the kingmakers who elected Kasabian to the forefront of popular unconsciousness.

Funny, Pop music used to be entirely gay. Maybe that's why it's shite now.

I presume they're also the kingmakers who elected Kasabian to the forefront of popular unconsciousness.

Funny, Pop music used to be entirely gay. Maybe that's why it's shite now.

Yeah, that's them. They're the guys who select Whelan's and Today FM's alternative playlists. If they're feeling funky, Today FM might play Labelle's version of Won't Get Fooled Again but that's as far from meat and 2 veg rock that they'll stray.

It actually reminds of an article that someone linked here a little while back where a guy was giving out about how pop music was getting more coverage in the press instead of bands like the National and he thought it was disgraceful that Marvin Gaye was being deemed as good as Bruce Springsteen. I have to admit that I think it's disgraceful too but probably not for the same reasons.

When are we starting out songs/albums of 2014 thread to see if music really is shit nowadays?

Yeah, that's them. They're the guys who select Whelan's and Today FM's alternative playlists. If they're feeling funky, Today FM might play Labelle's version of Won't Get Fooled Again but that's as far from meat and 2 veg rock that they'll stray.

It actually reminds of an article that someone linked here a little while back where a guy was giving out about how pop music was getting more coverage in the press instead of bands like the National and he thought it was disgraceful that Marvin Gaye was being deemed as good as Bruce Springsteen. I have to admit that I think it's disgraceful too but probably not for the same reasons.
Explains how The Kings of Leon were ever a thing.

Damn you, music. Damn you to hell.

The drummer was the sound one but he was booted early on maybe after the second album just as they went full stadium bland shite.

That drummer died a few years back.

I still love a Thousand Trees and Local Boy in the Photograph and probably a few more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back