Music books recommendations? (1 Viewer)

In a thread this length it may have been mentioned before but The Savage detectives by Roberto Bolano - on the strange adventures of a group of Mexican poets called the Visceral Realists is absolutely astonishing!
yeah, i was halfway through that about a month ago but i left my copy in a pub. went back the next day and they said they hadn't seen it. too poor to buy another copy. was pretty amazing alright. 2666 is no good you say?

I've still not read that John Joseph one. I have the audio version though. It's awesome.

i'd say that's the case with many, it goes for silly fucking money these days. the audio is classic stuff as well

9780061189227.jpg

not a music book but a great read for music fans who like the fights

Just started Everybody Dance: Chic and the politics of Disco. really good so far, including cool anecdotes of Nile Rodgers' boho life in greenwich village hangin' out with Hendrix et al in the late 60s early 70s, and being in A&E having a monster bad trip exactly when Ady Warhol was stretchered in after being shot by Valerie Solanas. You couldn't make it up.
Was it on Thumped where I read Nile Rodgers plays Ireland all the time because he is a major shareholder in some corporate ticket selling outfit?

I haven't read any music books in a long time. (Another thing I've lost interest in). but.....of the last few I did read
I really liked, how soon is now by Richard King. It's a history of independent labels in the UK from 1975 to 2005.

Retromania by Simon Reynolds. About pop culture's obsession with recycling the past.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back