Website
mushroomjohn.com
i was in that new shop the other day
seemed kinda shite

in fairness it didnt seem like it was fully stocked yet
there was a full box of records that hadnt been opened

so im gona go back next week and give it my seal of approval
or my turdfest icon!bog

Was in it Wednesday and yeah it didnt look fully stocked but it had shit I liked which is more than I can say for most Dublin record shops. I'm a give this one a further day in court for sure.
Hope it goes well for those involved.

f-it, i've not been in but i seen the list of shit they were getting in
way better than all the other shops everyone loses their shit over
bet it's cheaper too

andrew

ah man haven't listened to "the 'tech" in a lawwng minute..it's all orthrelm in the c.death household these days

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
ah man haven't listened to "the 'tech" in a lawwng minute..it's all orthrelm in the c.death household these days

Orth-Relm aint shit to fuck with.
MCR seems fairly standard labellist right now. Hopefully thats an early days thing. A lotta Load Records, Lotta Gravity, Lotta Norton etc. And while that can mean good things it also means that thay have a "Sea of Tombs" record etc.

i think some of this might be coming from willy's old distro too...i dunno probably not m'place to ponder - not that it makes a difference. i've bought tonnes of shit off willy over the last few years. i heard it was gonna be loads of shit like black flag records..always good

mick barr - bing -
orthrelm_07.jpg

hey there all you internet nerds. if you really feel that murder city isn't up to your standards why don't you suggest something to them instead of going on line and talking shit. How can you judge them on their first day! It all sounds a bit dublin circa early nineties. The usual shitting on someones efforts.

get a life and try and do something yourself. you are you to judge?

willie
red ink books

Surely most people only use the internet as a place to moan because they dont have the guts to come straight out in person? Anyway,I've not been yet,but am looking forward to checking it out. Surely a new record shop of any kind can only be a good thing? how many have closed in the last 5-10 years? Fair play to all involved is my comment on it.

love jones said:
hey there all you internet nerds. if you really feel that murder city isn't up to your standards why don't you suggest something to them instead of going on line and talking shit. How can you judge them on their first day! It all sounds a bit dublin circa early nineties. The usual shitting on someones efforts.

get a life and try and do something yourself. you are you to judge?

willie
red ink books
Hey Willie,

I haven't been into the shop yet, but it's about time people started actually opening the kinds of shops they want to see, and running them in the ways they think shops should be run, rather than just sitting around, giving out about how everything is crap, so congrats to all of you guys. Independent shops make me glad.

My two cents.

Jane

Oh, and by the way, we should support shops like this in real life, too. We can sit around all we like and say how they're great and badly needed, but they also need us to buy cool stuff off them so they can stay open.

i was in yesteday and there was lots of cool stuff.. seemed like a pretty decent selection for just the day after opening.

lack of money forced me to buy only two 7"s. ah well, payday should be around soon.

aron

WC Fields once said, "I don't drink water because fish fuck in it."

Jimmy Stewart once said, "Every time an independent record shop opens, some corporate fuck loses a golf ball."

And every time people on the internerd bitch about something that's really cool, that corporate bastard gets two under par.

So there.

thegoone said:
i was in that new shop the other day
seemed kinda shite

in fairness it didnt seem like it was fully stocked yet
there was a full box of records that hadnt been opened

so im gona go back next week and give it my seal of approval
or my turdfest icon!bog

Hi its Ann here, I just wanted to say how dissapointed i am to see this shit written about us on the net. You said that you were in the shop on wednesday... well i was there all day too so why didn't you just come up to me and say this to my face instead of hiding behind your computer?
To be quite honest instead of being negitave you could have approached us and suggested ways of improvement and we could have taken your suggestions into consideration. Instead you come in on the first day and write crap about what has taken us alot of hard work and dedication to get together.
We have slogged our guts out to put the shop together and we're really proud of our achivement and your words will take away none of this.
thanks for coming in and we hope your more impressed next time.......

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back