mr fussy based on hitler? (1 Viewer)

yeah i noticed the mr fussy/hitler thing a while ago while reading a kid some mr men. i also noticed that mr men titles are actually pretty shit - overlong and quite tedious - compared to other kid's books.
some of my favs are:

0689707495.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Gaiman.jpg

(this is also liam's favourite, but only i may read it to him)

sendak1.jpg

(this is nice and short, good for when they're already past bedtime)

180px-Oh,_the_Places_You'll_Go.jpg

(along with pretty much any dr seuss)

sendak1.jpg

(this is nice and short, good for when they're already past bedtime)

this is a staple in any child's book collection. one of my faves when i was growing up.

i also happened across another one yesterday that i used to read - something about a purple monster who didn't like sharing or soemthing - he lived in a big garden near a castle?!?

did anyone ever get the full set of mr men/little miss books?

i so desperately wanted a complete collection so that the spines would spell out the series - alas it was not to be. :(

that must be the best marketing gimmick ever for a series, or at least for one aimed at anal-retentive kids. i used to get really irritated by not having enough of the set to spell out the words, and with any series that had a series of colours or a design over the spines, i'd want them all even before i read the first.

hitler - i was convinced that this old man who went to the irish mass in dundrum when i was a kid was hitler (the gaeilge was his cunning disguise, see?) and used to stare and point at him trying to make someone else notice. i can work up a good sob story for joe duffy, implicating richard hargreaves, if it'll help?

(also, richard scarry! cars + trucks + things that go = :heart:)

this is a staple in any child's book collection. one of my faves when i was growing up.

i also happened across another one yesterday that i used to read - something about a purple monster who didn't like sharing or soemthing - he lived in a big garden near a castle?!?

6a00c2252ab937f21900cdf3a6c3d5cb8f-500pi

very funny

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back