Movies/Horrorthron?? (2 Viewers)

mmm at the moment i seem to be watching a fair bit of Woody Allen, so fuck you guys who think h isn't funny. Oh yeah actually ive been asking peopel this, does anyone remember a film called FUN about these two tennegae girls who killed people for..yep you guessed it...FUN, i think it may have been one of those tv or straight to video flicks, also if anybody knows of where i could a copy of the animated film WHERE THE WIND BLOWS i'd be pretty happy.

ed, "Fun" is a fucking awesome film, I have it at home in waterford, must dig it out next time i go home..Woody Allen..Yep,yep, "Bananas" in particular..I'm also a sucker for the Molly Ringwald/John Hughes teen romance flicks..and, sadly enough, "Reality Bites" too
recent shit I've enjoyed,in no particular order:

Das Todesking (anyone got a copy of "Nekromantik", "Schramm" or any other Buttgreit stuff I could borrow?)
Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid
Suburbia
Buffalo Soldiers (the bit with the Junkies in a tank is hilarious)
The Beyond
The Wizard of Gore
The Metal Years
Violent Shit
Debt/My Name Is Satan video (with the infamous Micheal Jackson cover on it)

Saw the first "Guinea Pig" film recently and it was a massive disspointment (along with "Island of Death" and "Men behind the Sun"..the latter of which reminds me..err..Phil, when you get that video can I have a loan ??)

"Battle Royale" is a fine film you spas..looking forward to "Suicide Club" though.that looks like fun.As far as "bestest films ever", though, it's a tie between "Blue Velvet" and "Harold and Maude"

i saw Party Monster last night and it was pretty good.
it was uncanny how visually similar it was to the documentary "party monster" which they showed on c4 the other week.

andrew

If you wanna be nice be nice...if you wanna be free be free...and there's a million things blah blah do-doobee-do-doo...

This weekend was:
28 Days Later -fuckin' YEAH.
They Live -ooh yeah.
Life is Good -boohoo yeah.

Horrorthon! First Horrorthon weekend in 3 years that I'm not away playing gigs, so I've gotta see some of that. Anyone know is it as easy to sneak in during the horrorthon as it is during the rest of the year's films? I'll pay for a couple but I can't afford to pay for as many as I'd like to see...
Definitely keen on seeing Cypher,
Don't Torture a Duckling (go on Fulci yeh good thing),
The Burning (anything with Tom Savini involved is worth a look),
Versus (kung fu zombies! Fuckin' yeah!),
Beyond Re-Animator (I was pretty disapointed by Re-animator but this looks like it'd be worth a look).

Other ones I'd be keen but not hangin' to see are Ichi the Killer, Undead, King of the Ants & House of the Dead.

I was thinkin' a getting one of the weekend tickets, but I reckon I'll get a half ounce instead, pay in to a few and sneak in to a few. Fuckin horrorthon!

spuded said:
mmm at the moment i seem to be watching a fair bit of Woody Allen, so fuck you guys who think h isn't funny. Oh yeah actually ive been asking peopel this, does anyone remember a film called FUN about these two tennegae girls who killed people for..yep you guessed it...FUN, i think it may have been one of those tv or straight to video flicks, also if anybody knows of where i could a copy of the animated film WHERE THE WIND BLOWS i'd be pretty happy.
Fun, yeah - saw it in the IFC around 1995/96 - was there for 2 weeks
Alicia Witt is in it

taped it off Channel 4 about 5 years ago

as far as I know . Laser Ranelagh/George Is Street should have it

no_exit said:
also another great movie.. the labyrinth! gotta get that one on dvd... i missed it last month when it was on nickelodeon... <3 david bowie <3

dear god that film is worth it just for Bowie's hair.
and the soundtrack

nlgbbbblth said:
is that by choice?

just curious like - I know some people who refuse point blank to have one but yet would be into watching videos/films etc
i don't have a tv either, by choice. i'd get nothing done if i did, i'd just go home every evening and watch shite for hours. i miss having a video/dvd player though, and all my movies are in my ma's house...

and battle royale is shit. in my humble opinion. 28 days later on the other hand, is pretty cool, especially with loads of nudie shots of cillian murphy, mmmm...

nlgbbbblth said:
is that by choice?

just curious like - I know some people who refuse point blank to have one but yet would be into watching videos/films etc
pretty much yeah... well by default more thean anything else. my parents never had a tv so i grew up without one. everywhere i've lived since i moved out had a tv and i'd end up watching so much shite and wasting my time away, so now that i'm living on my own it was like 'why would i want one of them?'.
never really got that much into films... i hate the cinema (except the ifc) becasue people never FUCKING SHUT UP. i could watch dvds on my computer if i wanted to but i've not got around to joining any video places yet so...

jaysus the thunder!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back