Moutpiece/Betamax Format/The Franks report/pics (1 Viewer)

Janer

Website
www.youtube.com
Headed down to the wonderful venue that is The Annesley House on North Strand Road (10 mins from town) to watch Moutpiece for the 2nd time this week.
Decent turn out as always and the 1st band was a twosome called The Franks who were one of these bands that used a laptop to produce music for a lack of a member :p In this case it was the drums, not really a fan of this type of stuff but there were certain songs were these were quite good and others that were not my stuff

Next up were a band called Betamax Format, when I seen them setting up I didn't expect the best tbh.......3 keyboards/synths :eek:

But they were not bad although the longer they pld the more average they became

Note the bruise on his inner arm.....mmmm wonder what caused that !ninjaaaa

Last up were Moutpiece and they played alot of new stuff which while they put on a great show as always it was more Rock/Rock n Roll for my tastes and not enough Punk, Runt of the Litter was a classic when they pld that though :)

have moutpiece got a recording yet? and is that yer man who used to be in female hercules with the half afro on guitar?

I think they've recorded twice(maybe tommy can confirm that?)but not done anything with the recordings as such.
And yes,he was in Female Hercules.

i posted about this before...what was the last thing female hercules released...an ep or something? anyone know where i can get it...i remember reading a review of it but never seeing it for sale anywhere.

must take their 7 inches out of the attic and give them a spin when i go home for easter.

i have one cdep bit think there was another. the one i have has a colourful cover - maybe a peacock and an Asian woman on the front (could be way off there). road recs dont seem to have either.

heres an interview i just found on the net.....

Names & Instruments:
  • Drums: Dave Liston
  • Bass: Reynald Masson
  • Lead Guitar: Aengus Hennessy
  • Vocals/Guitar: Conzo
Recent releases:
"Painkiller" EP Oct 1994 "Record Player" EP Feb 1994?? on Blunt Records, song on EP by Ratfish Records of Boston.
Current Tour Dates: Saturday, April 6th 1996 - The Attic 7.30pm Female Hercules+Nurse Diesel+Underfoot+Jackbeast
Plans for 1995: Hopefully by the end of april we?ll have enough shit recorded for an LP, but I don?t have any idea about who?d put it out or anything, but its definitely time we put out a full length record.

1. Were you happy with your last recording? Yes. We got to spend a couple of nights in a pretty flash studio last week, where a friend of ours is an engineer & the results of it are about the best we?ve done, I think. A couple of really rockin? tunes, which is good ?cos we?re used to it not always working out. Once we spent six days in a studio & came out with a bunch of crap at the end. All useless. In the past if we have got it right its almost been by accident, but I think now we?ve got a better idea how to get results.
  2. What is your philosophy? Don?t particularly have one. Too vague about everything. Maybe one will evolve or maybe we can invent one by the time someone asks us again.
  3. Is Dance Music killing Rock? The Rock World in general has been stagnating for quite a while as far as new ideas to turn on the kids is concerned, so its not surprising to find that this has happened. Somebody told me that a guy in England actually drowned himself by constantly drinking some crazy amount of water at a rave, obviously on some pretty far out E. What was the last time something like that happened at a rock?n?roll gig? What we need is more people killing themselves at rock?n?roll gigs. Anyway its bullshit people who are into rock?n?roll and people who are into dance music being antagonistic towards each other. That?s a real joke.
  4. Is punk dead? I would say that the kind of punk aesthetic that goes back to The Who & The Stooges can still be found in some pretty decent bands like The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion or The Jesus Lizard. Who would ever have thought that Green Day & all those Epitaph Bands would reach such heights, even though a lot of their stuff is uninspiring. aaaah! what is punk anyway? Luckily its early to mid-eighties English incarnation is no longer so popular. The American Hardcore Scene, so- called, has been responsible for loads of good shit & still is. If all the old punks in Europe are plugging into computers & knocking out techno tunes then thats pretty good as well.
  5. Do you prefer playing live? Yes, there is no other way to get that rush. We always rock out to the point of exhaustion.
  6. What do you think of Nine Inch Nails? Absolutement pas! It?s a pity the Manson Family didn?t come back & slaughter them too while they were recording that LP in the Tate House.

trev said:
i have one cdep bit think there was another. the one i have has a colourful cover - maybe a peacock and an Asian woman on the front

thats called "sweetheart".

As the beard grew he went from a youthful Pete Townsend look to the aforementioned Richard Stilgoe look!
R.169%20WHO-PETE%20TOWNSHEND%2079.jpg

richard_stilgoe.jpg

Thanks as ever for posting the photos janer....
re: recording I cant see us getting anything solid done until the end of the year. We have tried and failed before to do it on the cheap and we don't have the cash to go to a fancy studio. it will have to wait until the Moutpiece HQ is built (hopefully) over the next few months

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back