Most underrated and overrated!!!!!!!!!??? (1 Viewer)

Super Dexta said:
what a random list. bane?! when was the last time anybody on this forum even thought about bane? (except me, i put two of their albums on my ipod last week. it's true, they're not very good.)

again,the above mentioned "trawling throught the records lately" produced it.
Bane are very highly rated by some of my neighbors.And..err..you.

needtokill said:
again,the above mentioned "trawling throught the records lately" produced it.
Bane are very highly rated by some of my neighbors.And..err..you.
you have a bane record? tee hee hee.

i don't really rate them very highly. they have two good songs and are shit live. i bet cory likes them though. he's totally false metal.

needtokill said:
Overrated:
Ludicra,Amebix,Conflict,Doom,Tragedy,Botch (much as I like them,they're not THAT good),PG99(likewise),Orchid (this band have aged incredibly badly I reckon),a lot of the Level Plane stuff,a lot of the old "legendary"Japanese stuff (Gai and Kuro spring immediately to mind),The Black Hand,Shelter/Youth of Today,Fucked Up,Bane,Active Minds,Terror,Screeching Weasel,Agnostic Front, Nausea,Send More Paramedics (that second album...ugh!),Kid Dynamite..but it's gotta be a tie between"Oceanic" by Isis and "The shape of punk to come" era Refused for most overrated record ever

Underrated:
Older stuff - The Replacements,Wipers,Neon Christ,United Mutation,Hard-Ons,Systematic Death (best songs on that "Thrash til Death"),Pandemonium,Die Kreuzen,Despise You,Cattlepress (the split lp w/Ag Nosebleed in particular),Slab,Zeni Geva,Coalesce,InHumanity,Assfactor 4, I Spy,Anarchus,Swiz,B'last,Warsore,Hard to Swallow,Embittered,Enewetak,Gasp(possibly moreso than anyone else on my list,this band are criminally overlooked - groundbreaking,mindblowing stuff)

Recent -Zann,Noisear,Lost Sounds,Mare,Endless Blockades,Triac,Whores Whores Whores,Iron Lung,Among The Missing,Genghis Tron(Actually, pretty much all the recent releases on the mighty Crucial Blast label - he's been putting out incredible stuff recently),Belegost,Esquilax,,Kill the Client,The Awakening,Behold the Arctopus,Sleepytime Gorilla Museum,Moonshine,Grails (ok,so these last 3 are not strictly hc but you should all check them out anyway)
have to say locally, Summer Disease,(r)evolution of a Sun,Dein Kampf and Exploded Face are all way underrated too.
Pretty much agree with everything here(except Botch)...you're not on Soulseek by any chance;)

overrated: punk, thrash, grind, sludge, blah, blah, blah.
underrated: proper music for grown-up people. and volcanoes.

Super Dexta said:
you have a bane record? tee hee hee.

i don't really rate them very highly. they have two good songs and are shit live. i bet cory likes them though. he's totally false metal.

what records is it jaimie, It All Comes Down To This?

Denver Max said:
underrated: listening to what you think is good and leaving it at that

Overrated.

Other people know best!Other people know best!Other People Know Best!Other people....blah....

On the other hand...other people kill other people don't kill other people...emmm....!bing

Denver Max said:
what records is it jaimie, It All Comes Down To This?
i have that. it has one good song on it. i also have the one before it which has one good song on it. i also have the one after it which has no good songs on it.

maybe i should stop wearing my bane t-shirt. they're really not very good. it's a nice t-shirt though.

under-rated: scissorfight.

over-rated: bane, it seems, though i'm still not convinced that anyone actually likes them.
also coalesce.
also being drunk.

Overrated-having records you think are overrated and not listing them in the trade thread

Underrated-having records you think are overrated and listing them in the trade thread

Over rated- Minor threat,khanate,Lightning Bolt,Breakcore-in general,

Under rated- proper,well written songs

and witchcraft

under-rated: my neighbour's wi-fi

over-rated: being blonde. so far i have gone to the shop and knocked over a lot of cakes and had the shop man laugh heartily at me. i want my iq bacl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back