Most underrated and overrated!!!!!!!!!??? (1 Viewer)

scrawlzine said:
Underrated - bands you like

Overrated - bands you don't

Dumb thread.
dumb thread!!!!!!! even dumber response, i think Naked Raygun,Rudi,Cowboy killers and FOD are fucking fantastic bands who never get the respect i think they deserve so thats youre retort bollixed , UPDATE its definitely between Rancid and The cunting Misfits for the mosr overratted .but they are two of the biggest selling "punk" bands of all time so that says something!!! yes people are fucking stupid

damone said:
dumb thread!!!!!!! even dumber response, i think Naked Raygun,Rudi,Cowboy killers and FOD are fucking fantastic bands who never get the respect i think they deserve so thats youre retort bollixed , UPDATE its definitely between Rancid and The cunting Misfits for the mosr overratted .but they are two of the biggest selling "punk" bands of all time so that says something!!! yes people are fucking stupid

With the exception of Cowboy Killers, I've always heard all the other bands you mentioned with respect by people. Naked Raygun are fairly legendary and highly influential I always assumed. How "rated" a band is depends very much on the circles you move in. However, your articulate response does indeed prove that my retort is/was "bollixed".

underrated - http://scarstuff.strangereaction.com/ppp.zip - for the hardcore anarchist punks.

pinkpanther.jpg

You can thank me later.

I don't think the Misfits are underrated at all. Incredible band ,and the old stuff is amongst the best of the era. I do however think that the various versions of the Misfits we've seen in say the last 10 years are going to ruin the legendary status of the earlier genius.
I pretty much agree with Glynn,the circles you move in have a lot to do with it. Most of the bands listed so far as underrated I would say are not and are highly regarded throughout the world.

Overrated:
Ludicra,Amebix,Conflict,Doom,Tragedy,Botch (much as I like them,they're not THAT good),PG99(likewise),Orchid (this band have aged incredibly badly I reckon),a lot of the Level Plane stuff,a lot of the old "legendary"Japanese stuff (Gai and Kuro spring immediately to mind),The Black Hand,Shelter/Youth of Today,Fucked Up,Bane,Active Minds,Terror,Screeching Weasel,Agnostic Front, Nausea,Send More Paramedics (that second album...ugh!),Kid Dynamite..but it's gotta be a tie between"Oceanic" by Isis and "The shape of punk to come" era Refused for most overrated record ever

Underrated:
Older stuff - The Replacements,Wipers,Neon Christ,United Mutation,Hard-Ons,Systematic Death (best songs on that "Thrash til Death"),Pandemonium,Die Kreuzen,Despise You,Cattlepress (the split lp w/Ag Nosebleed in particular),Slab,Zeni Geva,Coalesce,InHumanity,Assfactor 4, I Spy,Anarchus,Swiz,B'last,Warsore,Hard to Swallow,Embittered,Enewetak,Gasp(possibly moreso than anyone else on my list,this band are criminally overlooked - groundbreaking,mindblowing stuff)

Recent -Zann,Noisear,Lost Sounds,Mare,Endless Blockades,Triac,Whores Whores Whores,Iron Lung,Among The Missing,Genghis Tron(Actually, pretty much all the recent releases on the mighty Crucial Blast label - he's been putting out incredible stuff recently),Belegost,Esquilax,,Kill the Client,The Awakening,Behold the Arctopus,Sleepytime Gorilla Museum,Moonshine,Grails (ok,so these last 3 are not strictly hc but you should all check them out anyway)
have to say locally, Summer Disease,(r)evolution of a Sun,Dein Kampf and Exploded Face are all way underrated too.

yup yup - zeni geva is totally underrated
alphabetised my records the other day...nice surprise finding two zeni geva lps i kind of forgot i had...DESIRE FOR AGAONNNNNNNNNNNY!!!

GORILLAMUNCH said:
yup yup - zeni geva is totally underrated
alphabetised my records the other day...nice surprise finding two zeni geva lps i kind of forgot i had...DESIRE FOR AGAONNNNNNNNNNNY!!!

yeah, that's why I mentioned them..Dug out "Freedom Bondage" for the first time in ages recently and it floored me all over again.

Jamie..what other bands are the Lost Sounds folks in now?

yeah back when i had the ability to flip thruogh records face first...then they went in sideways and it became totally unmanagable...everything got lost...new records went in the middle of piles of old records and shit...it had to be done.

needtokill said:
Overrated:
Ludicra,Amebix,Conflict,Doom,Tragedy,Botch (much as I like them,they're not THAT good),PG99(likewise),Orchid (this band have aged incredibly badly I reckon),a lot of the Level Plane stuff,a lot of the old "legendary"Japanese stuff (Gai and Kuro spring immediately to mind),The Black Hand,Shelter/Youth of Today,Fucked Up,Bane,Active Minds,Terror,Screeching Weasel,Agnostic Front, Nausea,Send More Paramedics (that second album...ugh!),Kid Dynamite..but it's gotta be a tie between"Oceanic" by Isis and "The shape of punk to come" era Refused for most overrated record ever

what a random list. bane?! when was the last time anybody on this forum even thought about bane? (except me, i put two of their albums on my ipod last week. it's true, they're not very good.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back