Most money you have ever paid for a haircut (3 Viewers)

kirstie said:
WAH WAH WAH

shut up, I'm still digusted about it, theiving "hairdresser" bastards

I remember old man Frank in drumcondra would only charge you a fiver

and he was always told me I looked like Mick Jagger.... proof if ever was needed that he was totally blind... but still a top barber...

Probably €20 or so - long hair costs extra to cut, dunno why. Only get it cut once every 6 months or so, so I don't really begrudge it

There's a famous alcoholic barber in Wexford called Denny Reville, must be well into his 70s now and still active. My brothers went to him lately "just for the buzz" and his cutting room is just in a room in his house with a child's swing outside the window - his speciality used to be crewcuts freehand with a cutthroat razor (also nostril hair cutting, whether you liked it or not, he'd grab you by the nose and snip), doesn't do them anymore it seems ... the brothers got charged €5 each and have never gone back

egg_ said:
Probably €20 or so - long hair costs extra to cut, dunno why. Only get it cut once every 6 months or so, so I don't really begrudge it

14 bucks in ye olde grafton barber

€50 quid. Sam's on the quays. worth it though..head massage colour the works..cuntish thing to do but I felt great after. I get my mate to shave my head these days..so I'm making up for the indulgence. THis is a mental thread b.t.w.

Latex lizzie said:
€50 quid. Sam's on the quays. worth it though..head massage colour the works..cuntish thing to do but I felt great after. I get my mate to shave my head these days..so I'm making up for the indulgence. THis is a mental thread b.t.w.
bloody hell, €50? which head did you get massaged, the upstairs head or the downstairs head?

me most ever so far has been €12 in the barbers by the Olympia. all that will change when i get rich and famous, and start cultivating a gargantuan poodle perm. my haircuts shall become legend.

I am awaiting some girl to post about how she paid 150 euro for a full head of highlights or something.

I tend to go to salon de (insert friend with scissors name here), where I get a trim and a good gossip at the same time - all for free!

no hairdresser could tame my curl-tastic hair anyway so I can't see the point in forking out stupid amounts of money in one.

I always wear my hair tied up.

spiritualtramp said:
So do I due to many hairdressing salon disasters involving fringes, horrid layers etc. Now I get my mother to hack lumps off it every 6 months or so. One of these days I might finally get a haircut that a. suits me and b. I like.

they are all called Frank

tkr7.jpg

spiritualtramp said:
I am awaiting some girl to post about how she paid 150 euro for a full head of highlights or something.

I tend to go to salon de (insert friend with scissors name here), where I get a trim and a good gossip at the same time - all for free!

no hairdresser could tame my curl-tastic hair anyway so I can't see the point in forking out stupid amounts of money in one.

I don't dig hairdressers at all, I either snip at my gruaig myself, or let a scissors-happy mate have at it. It beats squirming under shockingly bright salon lights while someone with a dickhead haircut gives you an equally dickhead haircut. At least when it's a friend cutting your hair you're not afeared to moan "You're making me look like a cunt and you're doing it on purpose."

I have a huge deep rooted fear of hairdressers. I say 'just a trim', they seem to hear 'ironic mullet with uneven fringe'. I cut my own now. Much less stressful and none of the 'do you have a boyfriend', 'where you going on holidays' small talk

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back