Most ever spent on an album? (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Ray
  • Start date
  • Replies 53
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 3
At the moment it's 40 quid for Wolf Eyes - Manchester is Dead, cdr on Gods Of Tundra. Shocking. I just kept bidding. What a tool I am.

In close 2nd is a new copy of Pelican - The Fire In Our Throats.. 2xLP which was 35 quid new from Tower

I remember that being one you nipped outta my grasp, and then used to clear the dancefloor in the Kitchen on a night out around '98!

Also in Freakout; Mushroom Gatefold LP, £80. I still have nightmares thinking about how I let that one slip my grasp!

:eek: those punters had no taste.
Picked up the Mushroom vinyl reissue a couple of years ago. Same type sleeve. Some consolation.

At the moment it's 40 quid for Wolf Eyes - Manchester is Dead, cdr on Gods Of Tundra. Shocking. I just kept bidding. What a tool I am.

Jesus I cant believe you paid that for a Wolf Eyes release. They have so manyt hings out there I dont know why you would wanna pay that much for another one of their releases! Was it any good even?

Jesus I cant believe you paid that for a Wolf Eyes release. They have so manyt hings out there I dont know why you would wanna pay that much for another one of their releases! Was it any good even?

Ah I know.. I was just thinking "gods of tundra!! artwork!!" etc.. Its a brilliant CDr though. Its a soundboard recording so is excellent quality.

€30 odd for Marillion's Marbles. They hadn't even recorded it when I bought it. Those who pre-ordered were rewarded by a 2CD version in the most lavish packaging I've ever seen.

well it was the first Lilput album, can't find a cover

i guess i was lucky

Without the sleeve? Still great find - that's one of the few things I'd pay a bit of bob for.

I paid pretty much 40 euro for this off ebay:
g01912rb6df.jpg

Without the sleeve? Still great find - that's one of the few things I'd pay a bit of bob for.

yes,i have it with the sleave, top condition, was looking for an image of the cover i should of said.

Picked up the Mushroom vinyl reissue a couple of years ago. Same type sleeve. Some consolation.

i've heard that record not much cop i thought. a fella that works with me says he found an original in Freebird a few years back for 5 punts (quiet a few years back so) and sold it for 350 onto someone in the uk who then sold it onto a collector in Japan for quiet a bit.

ever hear Mellow Candle? similar Irish Folk-psychedelic-rock stab, pretty good on first few listens, reissued on vinyl by Tapestry, got it in Tower the other day.

i have an OG mellow candle - great album

i picked up the mushroom reissue (cost me some stupid amount on ebay) - side B is cool but side A is pretty weak

i've heard that record not much cop i thought. a fella that works with me says he found an original in Freebird a few years back for 5 punts (quiet a few years back so) and sold it for 350 onto someone in the uk who then sold it onto a collector in Japan for quiet a bit.

ever hear Mellow Candle? similar Irish Folk-psychedelic-rock stab, pretty good on first few listens, reissued on vinyl by Tapestry, got it in Tower the other day.

Think there were 500 copies of the Mushroom LP pressed.
I found an original in a neighbour's house when I was babysitting. 1987.
At that time NME ran small ads and every week 'Mushroom. Early One Morning LP wanted. £250 paid' used to appear.

Sadly it looked like one of the kids had taken a compass to side B so I didn't bother trying to flog it.

Have Mellow Candle Swaddling Songs on CD. Good album.
Not heard the other album - Virgin Prophet - saw LP in Spindizzy for €25 last month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back