• Thread starter Ray
  • Start date
  • Replies 53
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 3
spent $70 on no new york orig vinyl

have 100s of rare coldwave i wanna get but most is $75+

so .... eh..... no cant get it.....

nah i refuse to pay over 40 for anything. have some super rare stuff thats worth money but i found them in smelly record bins for feck all, would rather wait and find it myself than pay over the odds. nearly paid 80euro on ebay once, didn't win went to the oxfam shop 2 days later and found same record for 99cent. always felt that i'm into music for life and will find that record eventually, plus theres always something i want to buy and listen to, sure the hunt is half the fun is it not?

nah i refuse to pay over 40 for anything. have some super rare stuff thats worth money but i found them in smelly record bins for feck all, would rather wait and find it myself than pay over the odds. nearly paid 80euro on ebay once, didn't win went to the oxfam shop 2 days later and found same record for 99cent. always felt that i'm into music for life and will find that record eventually, plus theres always something i want to buy and listen to, sure the hunt is half the fun is it not?

yeh but i research my music and what if there was only 200 copies pressed in france in 1981?
but you do have a point.....

I spent €8,000 on my last album

haha, I was wondering how long it would take.

I spent €50 on this:
e111778zop0.jpg

That's the dearest.

yeh but i research my music and what if there was only 200 copies pressed in france in 1981?
but you do have a point.....

sorry mate wasn't ment to sound like a dig, was just a general nah to spending a lot on records, yeah also know what you mean on those rare 7's i have a list in a note book, like the sap that i am, but the joy of finding them is unbeatable. but yeah off to record fairs in holland with a wad a cash with you me lad, or holiday trips while taking in some shops strategically placed enroute thats worked for me.
but i guess on the other hand i have a few box sets too, ah feck it buy buy buy more more more

Don't think I've ever spent any really serious money on a record.

Last one i bought was this (for a tenner):

f65647intu6.jpg

Most I spent on an lp was 30sterling for a mint copy of the first Feederz lp,any I'd seen up to then were pretty beat. Probably has something to do with the sandpaper cover.
most for a single was 20sterling for the Bad Brains pay to cum 7"(2nd press with insert) or again 20 for the Middle Class-out of vogue ep.
Strangely,i'm not opposed to paying big for records,I just never seem to. I get lucky a lot.

others
Banana Splits LP - £30 in old money. Freak Out.

I remember that being one you nipped outta my grasp, and then used to clear the dancefloor in the Kitchen on a night out around '98!

Also in Freakout; Mushroom Gatefold LP, £80. I still have nightmares thinking about how I let that one slip my grasp!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back