MORRISSEY IS GOD (2 Viewers)

enhanced-buzz-10425-1348238921-9.jpg

Melody Maker: July 1976

I was handed a free ticket. As someone who is absolutely not a Morrissey fan I quite enjoyed it. Seemed to be 90% his new album though; a lot of people seemed very pissed off about it. If I had paid 80 euro I probably would be too, you'd expect a few more hits at that price.

Anyway, that aside, his band were great and he seemed in good form and good shape. If it's a last ever tour it certainly didn't feel like it.

Last edited:
I was handed a free ticket. As someone who is absolutely not a Morrissey fan I quite enjoyed it. Seemed to be 90% his new album though; a lot of people seemed very pissed off about it. If I had paid 80 euro I probably would be too, you'd expect a few more hits at that price.

Anyway, that aside, his band were great and he seemed in good form and good shape. If it's a last ever tour it certainly didn't feel like it.
Sounds good; I saw some FB comments earlier that seemed to indicate it wasn't that good, so glad to hear that's not the case. It's hardly surprising he'd play a lot of the new lp.

People on stage?

The delirious religious experience thing?

No one was on stage, no. A few tried and got pushed back by security. He did a lot of hand-holding though.

I was working on load-in and load-out.
The lighting technician guy is a dude with long hair, a beard, and tattoos, who informed me that for some reason Morrissey hates people with beards, and/or long hair, and/or tattoos - allegedly due to some previous incident in America or something. They've been on tour two months now and Morrissey hasn't spoken a word to him.
The catering are not allowed to cook any meat, so the whole touring crew are just eating loads of veg every day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back