Monitor blowing fuse (1 Viewer)

Stereobaby

Hey,

As of yesterday, every time I turn on my monitors one of them (same one) blows a fuse.

Has anyone ever come across something like this before? Is their anything I could maybe check or is it a case of getting repaired. If repair is the only answer, anyone recommend a electrial repair type guy.

Cheers,

Don't think so. Maybe, when I took the monitor down to replace the first blown fuse. Will check this evening.

Cheers,

Nah it ain't that. Doesnt have a voltage selector. Has been so long since I looked at the back of them that I was unsure as to whether it had or not and when you I siad it I thought to myself that maybe it does in fact have one and that I had forgotten about it.

Anything else it could possibly be? I'm thinking it might have to be a repair job.

Shite.

Hey,

As of yesterday, every time I turn on my monitors one of them (same one) blows a fuse.

Has anyone ever come across something like this before? Is their anything I could maybe check or is it a case of getting repaired. If repair is the only answer, anyone recommend a electrial repair type guy.

Cheers,

have you checked it in different sockets? (to isolate the problem).

yeah tried different sockets and kettle leads but no joy. kind of a bit baffling as it was working fine and all of a sudden just started blowing fuses at every startup.

open it up and have a look. look for wires that look a bit suspicious and shifty.

Or any internal fuses that are blown. If something keeps blowing fuses it usually means there's something else wrong inside.

yeah tried different sockets and kettle leads but no joy. kind of a bit baffling as it was working fine and all of a sudden just started blowing fuses at every startup.

Basically, some thing's shorting internally so....
I imagine some part on the amp circuit has failed.

Probably easy enough to fix by a qualified tech though.

Cheers for all the help and advice dudes.

Going to drop them into a electrical repair place in Rathmines to have a look at them.

God I hope I doesn't cost a fortune.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back