Mondays (1 Viewer)

Is it only Ireland who says its Springtime in February? It feels like the kind of thing @Jill Hives would have given out to us about previously

Here is a monday song that is not by Fleetwood Mac

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Irish seasons are a month offset from Western Hemisphere standards probably for historical climactic reasons (harvest time here was traditionally Lughnasa/August, as opposed to September in Britain - but don't hold me to that). I like it at this time of year because it makes me feel better.

"You have such a February face, so full of frost, of storm and cloudiness" - Much Ado About Nothing

(taken from my calender rather than my memory)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gaelic_calendar said:
the middle of the seasons in the Gaelic calendar fall around the solstices and equinoxes. As a result, for example, Midsummer falls on the Summer Solstice.

The seasons in Ireland today still follow this ancient Celtic tradition, which is based solely on daylight and the strength of the noon sun. As such, the seasons of the year are observed in Ireland as follows:
  • Winter ("Geimhreadh") - November, December, January (Samhain, Nollaig, Eanáir)
  • Spring ("Earrach") - February, March, April (Feabhra, Márta, Aibreán)
  • Summer ("Samhradh") - May, June, July (Bealtaine, Meitheamh, Iúil)
  • Autumn ("Fómhar" Harvest) - August, September, October (Lúnasa, Meán Fómhair, Deireadh Fómhair)
http://www.met.ie/education/pdfs_eng/YP%20Fun%20Facts%20Seasons.pdf said:
In Met Éireann, we define summer to be the three warmest months of the year. In Ireland these are June, July and August. Autumn begins on the first of September and continues until the end of November. During this season the weather starts to get cooler.

Fuck Monday and fuck Spring.
tumblr_m12em4cckA1qmugt5o1_500.gif

ah here

Anois teacht an Earraigh
beidh an lá dúl chun shíneadh,
Is tar eis na féil Bríde
ardóigh mé mo sheol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back