mogwai .... (1 Viewer)

"why don't you fuck off and be their roady then? huh? assmaster."

Wow 'assmaster' howd i ever forget that word.

They brought their own caterer and other stuff that's just for pricks. i saw them a couple of years ago in whelans where they played stuff that sounded like a mix between MBV and slint they were completely shit. just bland stupid fucking noise with no imagination, just volume.

i thought they were rappa, just loike Damien Frost only well... better!
they rocker da houzze and i wasn't even there nor have i ever heard them!

deadly wha'?

hag (09 Nov, 2001 12:57 p.m.):
fake working class using the word 'nor'. BUSTED!!!

that is most interesting Master Hag, for while i was in the midst of constructing that particular sentence, i did endure a moment of deliberation as to whether or not the word "nor" did indeed fit in with my impostor identity. after some considerable refection on the matter, i decided i'd let it in to see if any of you fellows had the where-with-all to discover it and its inherent inconsistency with the character i wish to disguise myself with on this particular site.
well done old boy!

I thought they were pretty fucking good actually (i came prepared with earplugs). Again, people zone in on what the band say....to be honest, nobody gives a toss (about what the band or hag say), just be gratious for good music....I like Mogwai, I like Les Savy Fav, I like the Rednecks, I even like alot of the similar irish prog/post rock stuff around at the moment.....its all good. How can people like one and not at least appreciate the other...???

easy, mogwai are shit. there. just like that. no one cares what anyones says, like says is so boring anyways. but they're real shit like...

At the risk of sounding (what's the word I'm searching for) right....

Mogwai were not shit. They are one of the few bands around that make me think that really progressive music can be made with guitars (Godflesh being another). They were fucking great live too. But I suspect their drummer being absulutely awful was one of your main gripes Hag. Why do they bother with a drummer? No amount of amplification can allow live drums to compete with that barrage of sound. And I do reckon that they reached the all-out noisefest level too quickly in a lot of songs and stayed there for too long at times. But that aside, what a bunch of great songs.
And Sophia, well sentimental God Machine attachments aside, they were really good too. They really needed another guitar, but that was the only problem I had with them. I was one of the pricks shouting for the River Song, and I'd do it again.

Bulletin ends.

Bring it on!

wow, i'd completely forgotten about the god machine connection, and now that you've reminded me, sophia are the worst band in the world. i love god machine, that makes me cry :'(

it's nothing to do with the drummer, as mediocre as he is, they are collectively devoid of an original idea.

:p

Squalch (09 Nov, 2001 11:27 a.m.):
"why don't you fuck off and be their roady then? huh? assmaster."

im kinda busy at the moment with college :(
but im looking for a roadie for an irish tour after xmas if your free hag?? nothing to strenuous just string changing and cleaning my shoes....

So *that's* where yis all were...

...off giving MCD yor money (or not, in Hag's case) to listen to a barrage of noise that may or may not be good.

Burgerbarbaby says, "They are one of the few bands around that make me think that really progressive music can be made with guitars".

I suggest you try the new record form Aufgehoben No Process, "Magnetic Mountain". They're english, the CD features Gary Smith on guitar, it's got the most amazing cover I've seen in a long time and is out on their oen Junior Meat label.

And of course, all the Japanese Underground guitar stuff...

well, you're kinda missing the point, if i actually have one. i learned at the gig that they hade a loss of £35,000 on their UK and Irish tour. They brought their own caterer and other stuff that's just for pricks. i saw them a couple of years ago in whelans where they played stuff that sounded like a mix between MBV and slint, and it was like ... uhhh, i gues it's better than just sitting in a pub. but this time, well to be honest, i was kinda angry yesterday morning because my ears were ringing, i could have left etc. but me mates were there but like, they were completely shit. just bland stupid fucking noise with no imagination, just volume. and that comment they made about u2 and sony is only one of a long long list of wankerisms that seem to spout from them freely. so, what to do now ... not go to mogwai ever again and if i meet them on the street, i like spit in the faces because they hurt my ears and they weren't even good. and you're full of shit anyways. ;p

well if you thought that they were shit during the gig, and your ears were hurting you, you should have left. Don't submit to peer pressure hag - it's ok - you'll still be the coolest indie kid on thumped, even if you did flee a mogwai gig with your hands over your ears screaming along dame street at how shit the free gig was ;-)

- Fintan

ok, i'm sorry. from now on i won't complain any more about gigs i got in free to. come to think of it, mass is free, i'll go to mass on sunday, i'll stand there and believe everything the priestman says and what's written in the bible. then i'll post here on moday how wonderful the mass was and how true the bible is.

fucking dipshit.

he must be a dipshit if he disagreed with your point of view....... (please note use of sarcasm)

This is where the depression and saddness kicks in...i'm not arsed getting into a mud slinging bollocks argument.

Get back in your box, dainty ears.

Love,

- Fintan

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back